two

Ariana's POV

After a long day, I couldn't wait to meet up with Harry and his parents. His parents were interesting people. Though I always felt bad I lie to them every time I come around. Harry always tried to reassure me that he would let them know eventually we broke up. But the problem is. Harry and I are so close being I am assistant. We never would look like the couple who just broke up because of problems. I log out of my computer. Before packing up my bags. I see Harry walk into his office. "So don't forget I will pick you up."

I smirk, "I am well aware, Mr.Styles." I continue to get all my belongings to get home for the dinner tonight.

I hear his footsteps get closer and closer before looking up at his beautiful green eyes. He smiled, "I was actually wanting to talk to you about this crazy bullshit." I couldn't understand where he was going with this. "I think after tonight, I need to take you on an actual date. Make it..." He trailed off. "Official."

My eyes widen as I throw my purse on my shoulder, "You're serious?" I question, almost in shock that my ears heard those words come from his mouth. He shrugs, "Yeah. I mean, we get along. You clearly care about me. And I have a special love for you that I haven't found in anyone else."

I was taken back with what Harry said, "I don't know what to say." I sigh. He stops me before I could process everything, "Well. Let's get through tonight with my family. And talk about this more after the dinner. You know how my mom is."

"Right." I stated. I kiss his cheek before walking out the office. He smiles, "See you in a few Miss Grande."

I blush as I rush out to get ready in time. Because if anything, you do not want to piss off Harry's mother and be late. Harry's family was interesting.

Harry always struggled to please both his parents. His mom was gentle and kind. But she always made sure to raise Harry as best she could. Harry's father was a little troubled. He was always loyal to Anne. He ran around on her. But Anne stayed. And Harry despised her for it. She used the excuse that she did for Harry and Gemma. But he told me he knew there was more to it than that. Harry was always so open to me about everything in his life. So lying to his own family about us. I couldn't let him down. Even Gemma was not told of our lie. Even though I have grown super close to her as I have gotten close to the Styles family.

I began walking the busy streets on New York. Everyone pushing to get home or to their cars. I was glad Marie and I were lucky to get a spot in the heart of New York. I was in walking distance to work and anywhere I wanted to go. Our little spacious loft was perfect. It was home to me. I kept pushing through until I looked up and glanced at a billboard as it changed. New Drake album was dropping. Couldn't wait to hear that. Then it changed again. As the Gala date was shown along with a photoshopped pictures of different celebrities and influencers that would be there. My eyes were drawn to Harry and as I scanned again. My feet stopped dead in my tracks. It was that guy from the damn coffee shop. My heels stopped as I turned to billboard. What the fuck. This guy certainly made a name for himself to be on the billboard for the Charity Gala. But who in gods fucking name is he. And my next question was I wonder if him and Harry know one another. So many questions. I get to our building. As I walk in. I pull my keys out of my purse before unlocking out loft door. Marie jumps out and scares me. I punch her arm playfully, "Fuck you."

"How was work with Hottie Styles." She grins.

"It was every other day." I sigh. "But he asked me a weird question today?"

"Like?" She begs for me to continue.

"He said he wants to make us official. And we would talk about it more after tonight with his family."

She starts doing a little dance as we both laugh in unison. I stop the fun, "But."

She glares at me, "Don't do that."

"Do what?", furrowing my eyebrows.

"This man has been good to you since day 1. He isn't some fuck boy that fucks half of New York. He has shown you respect and loyalty since day 1 and now you wanna act like he isn't good for you because he wants to take it to the next level."

"It's not that. I met someone today." I hum. "And even though I never met him nor got his name. I saw him on the met Gala billboard on my way home."

Marie looked clueless, "Is there a point here?"

"It's just odd, because I thought I would never see him again and seeing him up there. He is somebody bigger than I thought."

"You have been watching too many 90's romantic movies again. Not every guy is like Freddie Prinze Jr." She snaps her fingers in my face.

"No." I shake my head, "I technically owe him a new pair of shoes."

She sighs, "Okay. You need to get ready to go on your date with your future husband, Harry and his family. And get this random lover boy out of your head. Like if you are this love struck. He must have been hot."

I giggle, "Trust me. I am not love struck. Yes, he was hot. But the way he presented himself to me at the coffee shop. No man-"

"Okay." She rolls her eyes, "Go get ready now. I am about to call your mom out to knock some sense into you because hunny you are delusional."

"Fuck off, Marie." I groan making my way to my closet to pick out a decent outfit for this dinner with the Styles family. Picking out a casual dress, and a pair of heels. I apply my make-up. Before I knew it after getting ready to impress that Styles'. I hear Marie chatting it up with Harry. The way he was talking, you could tell he was uncomfortable. As I gave my self one last look in my mirror. I walked out and grabbed my clutch for the night. I look up to see Harry's beautiful green eyes staring at me in awe. "You look-" Harry stated before Marie cut him off.

"Great." She smirks. "As always."

Harry just silently nodded with his eyes glued to me. "Marie, be good." I hiss walking towards Harry.

"You aren't my mom. So I make no promises." She pouts trailing off into her room.

"Shall we?" Harry says opening the front door. I grin, "Why we shall, Mr. Styles." He shut the door behind us. And was quick to speak, "I didn't want to say this to Marie, because she would never let me live it down. But you look absolutely stunning and the things I would like to do to you right now." He says in a low seductive tone.

"Let's get through the night with your parents. And I will think about the rest baby boy." I chuckle making him smirk. He rushes to catch up to his door before opening the passenger side. "Did I ever tell you, I have thing for gentleman?"

He smiles showing his pearly whites. "Well you are in luck."

__

The ride to the Styles' was quiet. Only music playing. I didn't know what to say to him. I was in my own thoughts, between keeping on this lie until he asked me officially. Having my own parents come to see me soon. I hated being an adult. Before I knew it, Harry arrived to his parents home. He shut the engine off. I went to grab the door, "Wait." He says feeling his fingers touch my arm. His warm touch sending goosebumps down my spine, my eyes wandering in his.

"I should give you fair warning. My grandmother is here as well this evening."

I have only met his grandmother one other time, and to give the short version of it, she did not like me. Whatsoever. Said out loud that her precious grandson deserved better. Crooked wench. Good luck to me, I guess.