twelve

Ariana's POV

I watched out the window as Justin sat quietly. I looked down at my phone, Harry texted. I lock it back. "So I assume you sent Stefan back on me.." I say breaking the ice.

He smirks with a nod, "Text him if you leave anywhere. No more of this wandering."

"What if I want to go out?" I giggle, "Is Stefan a dancer?" Justin cocks a brow. I knew I was getting under his skin. "Look Bieber. I am still own person. I had a life before you." I huff. I didn't care who Justin was. He wasn't controlling me. I didn't even allow my dad to do that. And he was a control freak.

He chuckles, "It's best if you listen to me. I am looking out for your best interest."

I say nothing as his driver stopped in front of my building. "Bye Miss Grande." He smiles. I slowly walk into the main door of the building as I then see Justin's car drive away. I finally look to see Harry's text. "We need to talk." I lock my phone. Ignoring him. I walk up to Marie and I's room. I see Harry waiting outside. "Where have you been?"

I groan, "Not now Harry."

"I came to apologize to you." He says looking down at his feet. "It was very rude of me to treat you the way I did." I rolled my eyes, "Is this just in hopes I don't hang out with Justin."

He shakes his head, "No. Like yes, I prefer you not to associate with him. It's deeper than what you are making it." He runs his fingers through his hair.

"And I told you, we are nothing. Yes I know what he is. But I am also not the girl to get caught up in that." I say as Harry shuts my door behind him. I mean that and that he is the biggest fuckboy. "So you came to apologize." I place my hands across my chest. "That's it." I was annoyed the fact that he still couldn't push this thing that we have had going on for years it felt like. "My dad is doing a dinner tonight that he insists that you attend."

Welp, there it went. "What if I have plans to go out with Marie?" I shrug. "I don't really wanna go."

Harry was silent. I continued, "Or to listen to your family bicker or get death looks from your grandma. I promised Marie that I would hang with her tonight and I am not bailing."

Harry slowly nods, "Okay, well I will meet up with you after the dinner." He says as Marie walks through the door, "Oh." She looked embarrassed. "I didn't mean to walk into-"

Harry cut her off, "It's fine. I was just leaving." He smiles fakely as if he didn't know I tell Marie everything. "I will see y'all at the club later tonight."

Marie nods, "Right. Our normal spot." She grins. I remained quiet as Harry oddly walked out the door.

"What was that about?" Marie cocked a brow with a laugh. "I felt a little too much tension."

I shrug, "Maybe, because I am sick of doing girlfriend things for a boss who has no plans of taking it further to be a real thing." She nods understanding, "Well moving onto a different subject, is your little bodyguard going to the club." I look up at her with a laugh, "Why?"

"Well he was just here. He drove off. Feel like I live with a child." Marie hums.

"Justin thinks because I was seen with him. That I will be a target." I sigh plopping down on our couch. Marie laughs, "Why would you be a target?" I shrugged, "He mentioned he runs a mafia on the side of his actual business. Told me it was a family thing."

"A mafia?" Marie eyes bulged, "Like in the movies..." She smirks, "That's kind of hot."

"Not if my life is in constant danger." I hiss. "I'm going to take a nap." She nods as I go lay down in my bed thinking about Justin. Curse him for being on my mind. My phone rings, of course it was Justin. I slid it quickly. "What do you want now, Bieber." I spat.

"Woah woah. What did I do?" Justin argues back. "I was letting you know, I don't know if you jokingly said you were going out tonight to get under my skin or are really."

"If I was..." I trail off. Biting my lip. "That isn't an open invitation for you." I hear him chuckle in the back. "Well Damon will be there to take you."

Damon... I groaned in annoyance. That man didn't like me. I preferred Stefan, "Why Damon?"

"Because he volunteered. I think it's because my sister is going as well. But that is beyond me." He hums. As I hear someone in the background. "Why can't you come?"

"Meeting with a business partner." He says as he clears his throat. "And when I go to the clubs, I am usually in a VIP box. Not on the dance floor."

"Okay whatever." I say. "Anything else, Mr. Bieber?"

"Yeah, don't be stupid tonight. And be careful." He says in a low tone. "Yeah. Yeah." I hang up the phone. I was meeting Justin's sister tonight with Damon as a damn chaperone. Then Harry is supposed to show up. I screamed into my pillow. Who the fuck did Justin think he was? After I kept thinking over and over about everything. I slowly dozed off.

___

When I woke up, Marie was in my face with a full face of makeup. "Are we still going or not?"

"Well shit. You scared the fuck outta me." I sit up yawning. "Why are you rushing-" I see Damon in the doorway to my room. "Damn Grande. You look like you got hit by a truck." He grins. "Hope you aren't going to the club like that."

I roll my eyes, "I never asked you to chaperone me tonight." I hiss. Damon laughs, "Oh I know. But I thought of what an eye candy I would be having you and little Bieber at my arms."

I hear a female voice come around the corner, "Don't call me that. You and Stefan were the reason I got sent away."

"Well you were the one who pranced around and played the two of us. Like you were playing me on the way over here." He smirks.

"What can I say, us Bieber's have charm." She claims.

"If that's what you call it." Damon rolls his eyes, "You coming me or not." He glares at me. "Well shit, I was just awoken by 3 people. Give me a minute to get ready." He groans as he walks away. "Come on Jaz." He spat.

She walks in the room, "I'm Jazmyn. Justin's little sister." She says.

"Jaz." Damon says once more with more anger in his tone. She prances back to our living room. Marie looks at me, "Bitch. I can't keep up with your life anymore." I shrug rolling my eyes, "Neither can I."