Chapter One: Gaijin!

Once inside, you saw most of the entire house, the living room, and kitchen all in view with a flatscreen rested on the tv stand left with a corridor that leads to two rooms and the basement which I deemed my room with all the space it offers for me. "Home sweet home."

"Home sweet nothin, we're still talking," He snarled walking in front of me. "I want you to listen and listen closely because I don't want this conversation to happen again."

"That makes two of us."

"No this is where you zip it! Okay, no more games. From now on, if you plan on staying in this house you will represent this household! I want you to stop acting so difficult and follow instructions and I swear to God almighty if I hear another, there will be hell to pay!"

My voice slightly rasped with a strong feeling of heat washing over my face. "Why are you always against me! Why can't you be on my side for once! It's all I ever hear. It's Kashi's fault, Oh no Okajima, The Gaijin, the troubled child, The common denominator for EVERYONE!" I cried out. "Why is it always me...why do I have to change because you people just accept me for me. Do you think I'm the problem? Good. Because if I'm not changing myself just to be your mirror."

"Oh get over yourself Son, how would your Dad feel if he saw you-"

"DON'T TALK ABOUT HIM!"

The house fell still, Kazuma silently standing before me with my head held low with small amounts of rising tears clouding my eyes as I softly plead. "Just don't. Say anything you want about me. I'm young, I'm foolish, I'm not trying, whatever. Just leave my Dad out of it because he has nothing to do with this."

"Kashi," He stepped forward holding my shoulders at arm's length. "I only want what he wanted for you. For you to have the chance to be anything you want to be, I care about you Kashi, I swear I do that's why I push you so hard."

He wanders past me into the kitchen looking onto the refrigerator, eyeing a picture stuck to the side. A younger me smiling brightly beside my dad. "This boy right here was your dad's main priority no matter what, and I promised myself and your mother that I'd do the same to protect you from anything that could ruin your path, even if you don't want me to, because that's exactly what he would've done for you." He said stepping toward me. The tips of his shoes just inches from my own.

I raised my chin and swiped my eyes with my sleeve, inhaling a few short breaths. "I know...I just can't-"

PSHHH!

"All units we have multiple reports of a 10-72 in Arakawa, suspects confirmed to be armed and on foot,  Both males in the ages sixteen or older wearing Hotski academy uniforms, all responding cars proceed with caution." He answered his radio. "10-4, I'm on my way," He quickly embraced me in a tight hug that I nearly could breathe in. "I gotta go bud but remember. I know I'm not your dad but you can trust me...with anything and I can always promise to always be here, Okay?"

"I know. You don't have to say it," I said, mustering a smile.

"Okay."

He pats me on the shoulder on his way through the door.

Here I was again, in silence. After stripping myself of my school uniform, I slowly stepped down the flight of stairs that lead to my room. A large space completely customized in my image and favored color scheme, Mainly grey walls with American music posters and traditional Japanese arts posted on the walls that I bought online. The ceiling, a painted night sky accompanied by bright white stars. A narrow long couch that stretched by the staircase. And my king size soft Tempur-pedic bed that was a few feet from the Tv. After such a long day this bed would feel like a cloud floating in a quiet night sky.