t w e n t y s e v e n - A.A.

"Your hair's gotten so long." A lock was twirled in between two of her fingers, absentmindedly. The softness of the strands met with the pads of her palms, bringing a mind numbing serenity.

Eren leaned his head back to make eye contact with her, a small smile on his lips, and light in his eyes, "Can't be bothered to cut it." She ruffled it a bit more after that.

He sat on the floor of her dorm, his back to the edge of the bed. Jo sat above, on the mattress, with her legs around him, her hands just delicately combing through each strand of his hair.

The window was open, a beautiful summer breeze pouring in through the space. It'd ruffle the curtains as they swayed. The light pouring through was a deep coral orange, and it dusted his irises with a glimmer.

His cheekbones rise and fall in the light. His shadow on the wall to their right was perfect, with a sense of a Greek-like god. The curve of his nose that trailed down to his lips was celestial, and the small, hardly noticeable freckles that were under his eyes were in full view for her to see.

His eyes were lit with a stunning turquoise, each valley and hill a slightly different tone. A cerulean swirl of mystery lied behind them. The edges of his irises was deeper and darker, containing all of the beauty within.

But as he looked up at her, there was only a small ring of color, his pupils were massive, even in the presence of the harsh sunlight.

It was said that pupils only dilated so largely in the presence of light when looking at something one truly cares about, or loves, even.

His lips, slightly parted, were a dusty pink. They were slick with happiness, his teeth showing a bit through the crack.

Her eyes shined when she looked down at him too, pupils so large one couldn't tell the color of her eyes. Her hair hung down and framed her face, creating shadows that lingered on her cheeks and nose bridge.

Eren did not look away for some time. He was admiring her beauty, admiring her.

He brought his head back down, no longer making eye contact with her, "Y'know, Jo, I don't think I've ever told you this." A small pool of rosy hues was gathering on his cheeks, his chest palpitating in nervousness. His stomach twisted a bit.

She made a questioning hum in response, her eyes fixated on his hair as she parted through it. She didn't notice his hesitance.

His voice was quiet, as if he could erase the words from their existence if he so needed to, "You're really... beautiful." He looked down a bit farther, hoping not to be hurt by her response.

Her hands stopped in their place for a second, her eyes widened momentarily. She resumed quickly after, trying to not seem affected by the comment.

She smiled a bit, a nice closed-lip smile. A sense of calamity. Her eyes warmed up in the sun, and the apples of her cheeks grew supple, "Thanks, pretty boy." Her tone was not sarcastic nor playful, but genuine. She hoped he wouldn't take it the wrong way.

A sigh of relief was exhaled from the brunette's chest, the anxiety slowing peeling away from his palms and shins. He unclutched his hands, and the tendons and veins were extra prominent with the light and shadows from the sun.

Butterflies were rising in both of their stomachs, and the girl tried to divert some of them elsewhere. Her attention focused on the dorm around her, her eyes trying to find anything she could to distract herself from the intense burn on her face, "Did you clean it while I was gone?"

His eyes wandered aimlessly, trying to figure out what she meant, "Huh?"

"The room. Y'know... When I was... gone." Her words were slow, it was almost a taboo topic to mention at this point, fear of mentioning it became the fear that it would happen again.