Sandra's Rose🌹

For the past few weeks I've been seeing less and less of Jay. His new way of doing things is the late night phone calls and messages that I won't see until in the morning. I'm so happy I took my time with this guy because the last thing I wanted was to introduce my daughter and family to a man that wasn't gonna stay. Drake buying me a car sent the internet crazy and I can't help but to think it also had Jay in his feelings. Anyway I just got back from a trip to Miami with my girl Lexus and a few other girls. We did some shopping and stopped at a few parties. On the flight home we planned our next trip. Lexus said Bora Bora is looking like a good idea.
I got home feeling jet lagged. I was supposed to pick up Áaela from my mom but that feels like tomorrow. After a shower I got in something comfy and went to bed.

4:30pm

"Mommy, mommy, mommy!"
" Áaela Ariel Graham don't do that. Your mom is sleeping". My mother said.
"No mom it's ok I'm up now". I replied before she left the room with Acela.
"Oh you're up. I'm gonna fix something for you guys to eat. How was Miami?" She asked.
"Was fun, you know how Lexus gets". I lift the covers. "What time is it?"
"My child it is almost 5. Did you know about Drake's girlfriend?" My mom asked.
My eyes widened for a minute. "Uh, yeah. Her name's Erica". I replied.
"Oh well I'm assuming she was at the house when Drake had Áaela because Áaela has been speaking about her and I must say I'm not comfortable with that. No one never even told be about that. Not trying to take over because you are both grown adults but are they that serious to let Áaela be around her?" She asked.
"Well I wasn't aware of you not knowing or that she was at the house when Áaela went to stay". I replied as I searched for my phone.
Drake and I had an agreement to let each other know whenever we gonna let Áaela meet our partners. I can't help but to get in my feelings when her name comes up. Why do I allow Drake to have me like this and he won't change? Since we ended Drake has been with over ten different women and that's why we agreed on not letting Áaela meet them because it's never permanent. As soon as I found my phone I dialed Drake's number and count to 10 before he picked up. Mommy and Áaela left to go get dinner ready.

Phone conversation.

Drake- hello.

Essé- hi. I just found out from our daughter that she met Erica, what's up with that?

Drake- that wasn't planned it just happened.

Essé- wasn't planned? Drake you knew Áaela was coming two weeks prior, what the hell?

Drake- not that way. I didn't tell Erica and she just showed up.

Essé- she just showed up?

Drake- I've been meaning to talk to you about something. You busy tonight?

Essé- why we can't talk over the phone? Anyway mom isn't leaving till tomorrow how about you come by for dinner?

Drake- alright. Erica twill be coming cause we all need to just sit and have this conversation.

Essé- sure, bring her along.

I hung up without Drake saying anything else I honestly couldn't wait to meet Ms. Erica. I went downstairs to give mom the update.

6:30pm

Dinner was ready. Drake and Erica got here 30 minutes earlier. Mom conversed with Erica and Drake played with Áaela as usual and I stayed out the way. I didn't go in the kitchen until dinner was served. I just couldn't handle Drake and that female.
Dinner was great. She gave mom compliments on her cooking. She just sat there gushing about how she wished she was her mom like girl her daughter is at the next side of the table be careful. Every now and then after I took a sip of wine I would look over at Drake. I tried to tell him to get going with whatever he had to say but it was no use so I finally spoke up.

"So Drake you said we all needed to talk so here we all are sitting down together like a happy family". I sipped some more wine. I was now tipsy and masking my anger with a worn out smile.
"Essé are you okay? Isn't that enough wine for you darling?" Mom asked.
"No I'm good. Finna get a next bottle". I replied. I poured myself a full glass this time.
Drake gave me a concerned look before he started to talk. "Mom I'm sorry if you were the last to find out about me moving on with Erica and before I go any further mom this is Erica Harris and Erica this is my daughter's grandmother and mother of my daughter's mother Ms. Anette Lopez and I'm sure you know my baby's mother Essé". He said.
"Yes you're a model right?" She asked with a fake smile.
"Yeah". I replied.
"So other from that I must let you guys be the first to know that Erica is pregnant". Drake said.
I took up my glass and drank the whole thing. "I knew I needed more wine". I placed the glass down. "Congrats girl. Now if you'd excuse me I'm gonna get my child to bed. Come Pumpkin tell nana goodnight and your daddy". I said.
"I'll be up there in a minute baby girl". Drake told Áaela.
I honestly couldn't stay a second longer at the table . Did he just say that she was pregnant?