My Everything❤️

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Áaela, happy birthday to you".
Drake held Áaela in his arms as we sang her happy birthday. After counting to five and screaming happy birthday Áaela and her dad made a wish and both blew out the candles. Áaela clapped herself after with pure amusement in her eyes. The music started to play at a low volume.
"Essé come let's cut the cake". Drake said.
I walked over to the table.
"The Graham's". Chubbs laughed.
We both held the knife. "Let me know when you're ready". I said.
"Ready".
As soon as we sliced the cake Áaela reached down and grabbed a hand full.
"You're taking too long". She said.
The crowd laughed.

It's now winding down to the end of the party. The music plays very low, the kids are running around. Inside was a little to crowded so I went outside to sit by the pool. The had began to set and it was amazing. I rubbed my little bump as I took in the view.
"Hey doll". Mom came over with a glass of wine and some cake. "I've been looking for you". She sat in the next chair beside me and rest the glass and the cake on the small table. "The guests are leaving, wow this was great". She sipped her champagne.
"Yeah Ferris did an amazing job with the decor". I replied.
"Yeah he's amazing. Here have some cake, for you and the little one". She handed me the plate.
"Mom I have something to ask?". I took up a piece of the cake. "Do you think that this pregnancy is too soon?"
"Oh honey of course not. Áaela is a big girl now and whether or not she's a big girl I'd still be excited about you being pregnant. I know you may feel scared because you and Aubrey has been through so much and then the media that will always have both good and bad to say but at the end of the day honey what matters and what's important is our family. Everyone makes mistakes, I know Aubrey is like Mr. Casanova but I can see that he's working on his self. I think you getting engaged a few months back and Erica cheating kinda gave him an eye opener and I'm glad that he's gonna be the father of your second child, the little cherry on top for me would be if you guys just get married because it's obvious this is a forever thing for you guys". She sip more champagne. "I'm running out, oh god, Melina! Can you bring me a bottle?!" She shouted.
"Do you need it in the bucket?" Drake asked.
"Yeah with lots of ice! Come sit with us! We need to talk!" Mom continued.
"I think you're tipsy". I laughed.
Drake came over with mom's request. Before he sat he kissed me on the forehead.
"So little Ms. Essé and I were talking about the sweet little family that you guys are making. Aubrey you're a good guy despite all the stuff that had happened in the past, you've made Essé so happy and that's all a mother could ask for, for her daughter. I know it gets hard at times and things can fell lack luster but I think you're growing to learn how to work around that and I'm just happy for you both". She sniffed.
"Mother". I laughed.
"What? Honey this is a beautiful thing". She laughed.
"Well uh, I just wanna thank you for that mom. That's really nice and I do apologize for the past but what matters is not making the same mistake in the future, Essé has been kind enough to have me in our daughter's life and forgiving enough to give me a second chance". He looks over at me.
"Okay you guys speed it up this is too cheesy". I laughed. "You both need to hush at this point".

Later that night the entire family stayed up and did a movie night. For the past few months I've had the chance to really think about everything and just like mom said no one is perfect, not saying that cheating is right but if you see the individual making major changes I think that's a green light to try again. Drake has been a great dad to Áaela, he puts her first, always and that says a lot and even on our worst days Drake had always try to make things right some way. His family is amazing and so welcoming to me and my little group and that's a next thing that I love. I honestly wouldn't wanna have this any other way. This is home. Canada is home.