18

He stared at her as he raised his hands up in the air in a surrender manner, his eyes looking straight at her eyes.

"Why are you here? No, how did you even get here? The distance between the Fyrst kingdom and here is too far..."

"I used teleportation magic."

"Oh right, there's magic in this world." She muttered as she facepalmed.

He rummaged through his clothes, then pulled out a package. "Anyways, I don't have much time. The emperor received your letter just now."

"Huh? How did it get to him so fast?"

"That... is something you don't need to know." He averted his eyes then stared at her again. "This is a gift from his majesty."

As soon as she opened it, it lit up the dark room, flying in the air to her eye level, fluttering her hair back. As the light died, still floating in the air, she blinked. "What was that?"

"It's a communication stone. You can use it to contact his majesty."

"But this is too precious —"

"This is what he said, "There's no need to strain your wrists to write a letter for me, so use this instead." Do you understand?"

She blushed, looking down at the shiny stone on her palms, she smiled. "Got it." But when she saw the knife on her hand, she slowly put it away.

'It's probably strange to see a 12 year old pulling a knife out of nowhere.'

He sighed, then looked at the watch on his wrist. "Listen, Alya. I have something to tell you since there's not much time."

"What do you mean by that?"

"The teleportation magic I used has a limited time. The longer the distance, the shorter the time is. Anyways —" His feet started to dissipate.

They both looked at it in shock as his legs followed. He hurriedly looked at her and opened his mouth. "At the 5th month and 28th day, a bunch of as —" Then he disappeared.

"5th month and 28th day?" She asked herself. "5th month and 28th day..." She repeated over and over until she wrote it down.

'I'm hungry. Should I call for the servants? But it's late. Maybe going to the kitchen would be nice.' She thought as she carefully opened the door, walking down the hallways.

Her fingers dragged on the wall as she walked, looking at the portraits hanging on the wall. Then she stopped as she saw a man's face on a portrait.

All Addison members all have pink hair and blue eyes, however, this man on the portrait has none of those features.

(A/N: I regret making their last name Addison. It sounds weird to me.)

Jet black hair, and mysterious and pretentious emerald green eyes slanting as he smiles. Any other person would say he is a handsome man, however, Alya's face was ghastly pale, horrified as she put both her hands on her mouth.

'Why...'

"Where are your parents?"

'...Is he here?!'

"My lady?" A maid spoke as she rubbed her eyes, probably still sleepy. "I heard a thud and thought I'd check it out, what happened?"

"Marie, who is this man here?" Alya pointed at the portrait, and the maid named Marie took a look before she let out a squeak.

"Ah... His name is Robert Addison. He was the head before the Archduke."

Alya rose an eyebrow. The family members always had long names, so why is his short? "Only people with the Addison features can be named by the head himself, and sir Robert was just named by a maid. Did you not listen to your history teacher, young miss?"