three

It's been 3 days since that day, but I still don't know where I am. Everyday, I would be given meals three times a day, snacks in 3 hours after the meal, and that crazy man keeps visiting me and then would disappear. Why won't he just let me out huh?! The door opened, I expected it to be Ian, but it revealed a young boy around my age, with silver metallic hair and dark eyes. He walked towards me and sat in front, squatting. "So this is the girl master captured? Well, I don't know how you caught his interest, but you better not do anything stupid." He said, cupping his cheek with his right hand.

"Hey, who are you? Where am I? Why are you doing this? Who is your master?" I bombarded him some questions, making him look surprised. I tilted my head, stating my confusion. "Woah, for a captive, you seem fearless." He said, his eyebrow raised in amusement.

"Well my lady, for your questions. 1. My name is Gray. 2. You are in the kingdom of Fyrst. 3. I cannot tell you the reason. 4. I also can't tell you my master's name. Satisfied?" He asked, crossing his arms. "No I'm not. You didn't answer my questions."

"Huh, you don't need to know. After all, you are going to know when you meet him." He scoffed. I look at him closely, then realized, he's handsome isn't he? For a kid, he is completely handsome.

"Hey," I called out, making him turn his head to me. "I want some cookies."

"..."

"???"

What's wrong? Why is he looking at me like that? He sighed and stood up, walking out of the room. "If you come back, don't forget the cookies!" I shouted, my voice loud enough for him to hear.

After 6 minutes or so, he came back with various kinds of cookies. He even brought cakes! And ice cream! I think I am gonna go for the ice cream first, since it'll melt. He opened the small door that is used for passing my meals and snack, and I delightfully took the plates one by one with sparkles in my eyes.

"How can you be so calm when you're kidnapped?" He asked, whilst I am busy nibbling on the cupcake first. Okay, I did say I was gonna go for the ice cream, but the cupcake was too tempting that my hand subconsciously reached out to it, and my mouth opened by itself. But I was the one who was controlling my teeth, since it really is delicious. "Well, there is no problem here. I don't think you'll do harm to me either, since I'm held captive here." I replied, finishing the cupcake, now reaching for the ice cream. It was my favorite flavor, chocolate.

***

Gray stared at the girl in front of him, who was eating the snacks he brought. This girl wasn't even shocked. Usually, people who are kidnapped would be flabbergasted, others would cry, and also some will try to act tough. But this girl is naturally calm. At first, it was just out of pure curiosity that he wanted to know why his master would even kidnap a girl like her. Now he understands why.

She's a sharp girl. She knows how to react in a certain time and place. She stays calm when put into an unknown situation, and would look for the right resolution.

"Hey Gray," She called, snapping him out of his thoughts. "What is it?" He asked with his usual indifferent face, staring intently at her. "What is it like to have good dreams?" She asked, licking the chocolate on her fingers. Gray looked at her with a surprised face, his eyes wide open.

Alya laid down on the giant cushion bean bag provided for her, both her arms wide open. She stared up at the ceiling of the cage, loneliness and longing stated in her eyes. She smiled bitterly.

"If you have done everything to impress the person you always longed for, yet you just died without a single ounce of affection. And, here you are, having a bad dream from the past, where you can never escape from." She expressed, her hands reaching out to the ceiling.

"When you are a bird inside a cage, who always wanted to fly, but a cage is always a cage, it is made for the bird, and only for the bird." She said, but Gray can't understand what she meant.

"A bird that always wanted to fly away from all the painful sufferings. A bird that wanted to start its life anew, but can never go past through..."

Its bars.

The two words she left unsaid was already guessed by Gray, and it seems she knows. "Huh, never knew you were a sentimental type." He said, smirking. "Well, there are times people like me need to express their hidden emotions, right?" She said, and this time, it's her time to smirk. The jewel on his choker glowed, Gray stood up. "Looks like I have to go." He said, smiling.

"Well, it's nice talking to you, if you ever visit me again, bring more desserts." She waved her hand with a smile, a beautiful and enchanting smile.

-

After leaving the room, he covered his red face with his right hand, the other supporting him, leaning on the wall. The image of her smiling like that remained in his mind, as if it would never go away. Did she cast a spell on him? But he didn't feel any mana directed towards him. The image appeared once again.

Her taffy pink hair grazed her shoulders as she tilted her head. The corners of her pink and seductive lips raised. Her sky blue eyes curving up in crescent moons. Her white sleeveless lace dress supported her ethereal beauty, and the cage she is in. It was as if she was a dove inside a cage.

Ba-dump. Ba-dump. What was that? Did his heart just beat fast? He can also feel his face hot, is he sick? He probably is. Then he remembered something important. He went to the meeting room, but the image still remained in his mind. His face and ears flushed red.

Meanwhile, the source of this confusion of his is eating peacefully.