Part 36

Word Count: 5637

A/N:

Please let's just pretend Karl Lagerfeld is still alive, thank you <3

-♡-

"Did you go to see Nino?" Alya asked, genuinely trying to keep up a conversation with Adrien.

"Nah, spent some time with Marinette's parents."

"Seriously? Without Marinette?" She was kind of surprised.

It has been a while since Alya and Adrien held up an actual conversation with one another. Alya managed to piss Adrien off way too fast with her constant bad moods. Well, and Adrien wasn't down for her troubles.

He also didn't really feel like talking to her right now. All he wanted to do was get Alya home so he could get Marinette home as fast as possible. She really didn't look too good. Her face was completely pale, despite the fact that she was wearing makeup.

"Yeah? Is that so wrong?" He asked, feeling his annoyance build up.

"So you would rather spend New Year's Eve with your girlfriend's parents than you own father?"

Adrien rolled his eyes.

"Alya, what is all this actually about?"

She let out a long, high-pitched sigh. "Can I interview you on Tuesday?"

"What for?" He truly didn't want to be interviewed, especially not from Alya. But Adrien also knew Marinette would really appreciate it if he did something that brought Alya out of her hole of darkness.

"I got a job offer. And Nadja Chamack said if I get to interview you at some point, she would consider giving me my own show at prime time! And well, I'm sitting right here at the source, so I might as well ask you directly instead of requesting it to your team and have them decline," Alya said.

"What's so interesting about me?" He asked.

"Excuse me, sir Adrien Agreste. You've been in the spotlight longer than anyone could imagine. You're engaged to a literal goddess, and your father is Gabriel Agreste. How are you not interesting?!" Alya almost yelled. "Not to forget, you decline almost every interview request recently."

"Yeah, because I want to spend time with Marinette."

"You see her at home, daily. So that's not the actual reason, is it?"

"Can you stop questioning me?" The truth was, Adrien did hide something. He wasn't ready to speak about it yet, not until he told Marinette. But he had no idea how he was supposed to tell her about it without risking his relationship to crumble like a piece of paper.

"Why, keeping some secrets?"

"From you? Definitely," he said. The only thing keeping him from getting more annoyed with Alya was the fact that they had finally arrived at her house.

The second Alya left the car, he felt way more relieved. Adrien took a quick look at Marinette. Her eyes were opened, but she wasn't really present anyway.

Marinette was just staring ahead, pressing her hand into her stomach.

"Do you have to throw up?" Adrien asked, cupping Marinette's face with his hands, making her look at him.

She nodded her head, but then shook it no right after. "It hurts, Adrien," she cried, only pressing her hand harder against her stomach.

He gave her a pitying smile, removed his hands from Marinette's face and immediately started driving. Two minutes later they arrived at home.