The Meeting

This is one of my first stories so  please don't be too cruel. And now, on with the book....

"What do you mean I can't see him!?" Sirius yelled after being told the news by Dumbledore.

"Sirius, please. It's for his own safety. He thinks he has no family besides the Dursleys and this would be too much of a shock for him."

"Speaking of which, why in the bloody hell would you leave him the muggles!?"

"Sirius, my boy, they have a child his age and I know Harry's safe and happy around him cousin, aunt, and uncle. "

Sirius couldn't argue with that. What if Harry and his cousin were like him and James? Harry couldn't be deprived of his partner in mischeif.

"Fine, but as soon as he's a teenager keep in mind, you promised I could at least meet him. And if I find out the muggles are mistreating my godson in any bloody way, you will be sorry, Albus.

"You have my word, Mr. Black."

The old professor watched as the young grey eyed man stepped into the floo and disappeared out of his office.

******************************

Albus Dumbledore couldn't sleep. He had given his word to his once student but his word wasn't exactly sincere. He knew that Harry was starved and beaten at the Dursley home, yet he did nothing about it. Harry was protected by blood wards at Number 4 Privet Drive. And besides Sirius Black had no business being a father. Right?