Merry Christmas

Within the few days before Christmas, Harry and Sirius bonded immensely. It felt like they had known each other for years.

It started with a question Harry asked.

Flashback:

"Hey, Sirius?"

"Yeah, Harry?"

"Are you gonna decorate for Christmas?"

"With all this legal stuff and the bastards that raised you, I guess I didn't know if you'd wanna help me put some stuff up."

"Well, if it's not too much trouble, could I help, to y'know decorate?"

"Of course, young buck. How about we leave to Hogsmeade in an hour and pick up some decorations and a tree. I have a feeling there might be some presents ready to go under the tree."

"Really!?"

"Always. We'll pick up some butter beers while we're their and we could watch a film when we get back."

End of Flashbacks:

That night changed the relationship within the course of hours. Harry and Sirius went from complete strangers to a morphed father son dynamic.

A familiar feeling was engraved through both their minds. A feeling that should've been felt years before but unfortunately couldn't have been.

While the past was not forgiven, it was forgotten and both seemed to genuinely appreciate the present moment.

Sirius and Harry laughed and retold story after story of their best moments.

The decorations were all put up by now and Grimmauld place was covered from ceiling to floor in Christmas Spirit.

The tree was an entirely different story. Presents were stacked against the grand pine and drowned it. Let's just say there was way more than 37 presents. Not that Harry was complaining. Last year, he got a sock.

Most of the poor boy's presents now ranged from clothes to quidditch supplies to newest wizarding technology. All coming from Sirius's almost untouched vault.

However, there was one present. One very present that could change a lot. It wasn't big and wrapped with magic. Nope, Sirius himself wrapped the gift nervously and placed it and the very back not to be opened until the moment was perfect.

Anyways, the infamous day arrived. Harry was awoken early in the morning and dragged out of bed by Sirius, only to be placed in an ugly Christmas sweater and being photographed for an hour.

"Siriuuss.." Harry whined.

"Come on, Hare. This house is really lacking photos of your that don't include a drooling baby on a plastic broomstick."

Harry stopped whining and allowed himself to be fussed over for a while longer.

"Alright, I think I have enough but we'll see. Depending on whether or not you can win famous Padfoot at wizard's chess. "

Harry sighed. He wasn't getting out of this, was he?

"Alright, Alright.." He mumbled.

"Cheer up, I'll make hot chocolate and flapjacks."

Harry grinned and soon wolfed down the food placed in front of him.

"Alright, I was thinking we could go flying right now, thoughts?"

Harry responded flying out of his chair and racing up the stairs to return with his broomstick.

They were outside for hours until Harry got cold and Sirius being the overprotective godfather ™ decided it was time to go inside and get ready for the chaotic day ahead of them.