Seven

Thirty six, Thirty Seven, Thirty eight, This is when an inexperienced swimmer's body begins to yurn for breathe. My years in the water have strengthened my lungs. They caressed my breathe tightly without much struggle.

'Che' had disappeared by lunch time so I sat on my own and watched everybody else's live's pass by instead. I observed a group of girl's apply litre's of make-up to their already painted faces, I wondered why they felt they needed so much, was it to impress others or a comfort technique for their ego's. I knew one of the girl's,  Amy. We had grown up on the same estate, and so she wasn't as loaded as she made out to be. Throughout primary school we would play tag on the street and talk about our dreams as we lay on  the grass, staring at the clouds. She told me that she dreamt that her dad had cheated on her mum with our teacher. She found out year's later ,when we started high school, that it hadn't been a dream and her parent's divorced a week later. Since then she's spent her life trying to make their's a misery. She stopped hanging around with me when I failed to meet her troublesome demands and found more rebellious friend's who would happily burn her house to the ground if she handed them a match. She only wore skirt's that rested an inch below her underwear and top's that allowed her breast's to seep over the top. A rumour once spread that she fucked five guys in one night, and she did them all in the room next to were her mother slept. She wasn't quiet about it either apparently. She never denied the rumour. 

A group of boy's were also watching the girls, I imagine they wern't thinking of childhood memories however. They were sporty boy's, dressed in the college's football kits, preparing for a game. I felt sorry for them as they seemed to be constantly stuck in a confusion. The didn't know what they liked more; footballs or their own balls. Dennis was amongst the group, He looked uncomfortable in the crowd as they ranted about which selection of the painted girl's they'd "banged". Dennis was Franchesca's first real boyfriend. They went out for six months early last year and then he came out the closet to her. He told her he needed her only so the team wouldn't find out he was gay. She was furious that he had deceived her, I think she truly cared for the boy and that's why she got so mad but she understood that it wasn't his choice and she never spoke a word about it to anyone...but me. She told me  the night after they broke up, she'd got overly drunk and stumbled to my house in the middle of the night  (much to my parent's disapproval) and cried into my arms until she fell asleep. I don't think she remembers telling me as she woke up the next afternoon not even knowing how she'd got to my house. 

I broke my eye's away from spectating and returned them to my lunch. Daringly I tried to fit an entire  biscuit in my mouth at once to save time. My throat gagged in reaction and left me covered in the crumby remains. I checked around the room to see if anyone had seen my embarrassing incident, nobody seemed to have noticed, Phew. I caught glimpse of a girl sat in the corner of the room staring at me however, She had dirty blond hair scraped up into a pony tail and small nerdy glasses that highlighted her freckles. I recognised her from my Psychology class but I had never took the opportunity to learn her name because she was on of the nerd's that sat at the front, I assumed she wasn't really interested in becoming bff's. She wasn't staring at me as if she had just seen me choking, her eye's which were completely locked on me didn't have the slightest glimpse of humour in them. It was extremely unnerving, I began questioning whether I had done something wrong to her. I don't know her name, We have never spoken, I didn't know her at all! Yet their was a deep hatred burning behind her eye's.