𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧: 𝚜𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝

a figure covered in black clothes danced around the dimly lit streets of yokohama

    a figure covered in black clothes danced around the dimly lit streets of yokohama. each step was light and elegant, as if it were doing the waltz. gray locks flew wildly through the night without care while an eerie smile made its way through the person's face. said figure stopped beside another figure that wore a gray coat with a green bowtie. brown locks cascaded down the figure's face as viridescent eyes scanned a certain agency with interest.

    "wilde, what are we doing here?" the figure clad in black asked, a curious look present in their viridescent eyes. "you see, this is where your [redacted] is currently working at. i thought you'd like to know [redacted] current whereabouts." a mischievous look was present in the figure's eyes before it got replaced with disgust. the mere image of the man standing beside them smiling down made them shiver. after all, no matter how charming a smile can be, having the knowledge of everything the man has done makes him feel very revolted. just like the picture that contained a withering man.

"hmm." edogawa hummed, his eyes closed through he was facing fukasaku.  unbeknownst to everyone in the agency, the greatest detective got a bad feeling revolving around the ravenette.  he wasn't able to deduce exactly what would happen, only that the trouble revolved around her.  it made him anxious despite knowing the woman was capable of protecting herself.

before fukasaku and kunikida left the agency, edogawa stopped the woman.  fukasaku shared a look with kunikida before telling him to go first.  the moment edogawa felt that kunikida was a little far away, he decided to speak up.  "be careful of your surroundings from now on."  fukasaku raised her brow, a little concerned from how serious her coworker suddenly became.  "i don't know what's going on, but i do know something will happen to you."

"thank you for telling me, i'll try my best."  was all she said before the two left the office.  the two went their separate ways before fukasaku found kunikida waiting for her.  "hey."  she said, a small smile on her lips as she gazed at the blonde before her.  kunikida raised his hand to her head, softly patting it as he knew she liked that.  he didn't bother asking what they talked about, knowing that fukasaku would tell him if it were ever serious.

but that's where everything started to go wrong.  even if it was just a small thing, that small thing could eventually become something big.  it was just like the snowball effect, they did not realize just how much things could change not just between them, but also within the agency.  though for now, that doesn't matter as the thoughts going on in kunikida's head were more important.

recalling the conversation with dazai earlier, kunikida felt his heart race.  he wasn't sure if he wanted to go through with it knowing that it could change everything between them.  but he also knew that not saying anything would eventually cause him to break.  "you should tell fukasaku about your feelings soon. with the way we live, there might come a day where she would be forcibly taken from you."

    kunikida knew that very well, having lost others in his line of job. however, that doesn't exactly remove his fears of the possible change. he doesn't even know if she would return his feelings. his thoughts started to going a little haywire, not realizing the double meaning of dazai's words.

hello everyone!  it's been awhile.  i finally managed to think up of what to write next which means new characters and new events between kunikida and fukasaku!  i'm still trying to figure out who the other character should be, but the other one has already been hinted in the beginning of this chapter.  have you figured out who it is already?

and with this, act one ends.