1.

[a/n: First ever Haikyū fiction. I hope you enjoy.]

AM I CRAZY OR FALLING IN LOVE?

— AM I CRAZY OR FALLING IN LOVE?❞

| HINATA SHŌYŌ |

What is this?

This feels just as thrilling as when I spike the ball. However, this weird feeling is a bit more painful than when I get blocked. It feels like someone is squeezing my heart, restricting me from breathing. Am I about to die?

Waaaah!

I don't want to die. I want to play lots and lots of volleyball, with and against Kageyama. I have to abide by my promise that I'm going to win against him and will be the last one to stand on the court. But all thanks to Tsukishima, now I am going to die.

These days he is making me feel all difficult. He is the one who is causing me this pain. I cannot even look at him without going through this foreign emotion. It isn't that foreign, it feels the same way when I spike a toss.

"Something's bothering you?"

The harsh slap on my back startled me out of my trance. I look to my right with wide eyes and couldn't help but beam at my cool senior I look up to. "Noya-san!"

"Shōyō!" He beamed back, laughing a bit. "You look a bit... lost?" He muttered softly, tilting his head a bit to his side. "What's wrong?"

"I-!" Should I tell him? He might be able to help. "I feel weird."

"Weird?" He questioned, "How so?" He brought his hand to put against my forehead and frowned. "You seem fine though."

"My heart- it hurts."

Noya-san gasped loudly, looking around suspiciously. He pulled me away from the practice and grinned. "Who is it?"

It was my turn to gasp. "Who? What do you mean? It's my heart. I'm hurting." I gave him a little pout, taking a quick look around the gym.

"Ah, no!" Noya-san groaned, he glanced around again, then huffed. "I mean- there has to be someone, uh, who is making you feel that way, huh?" He seemed very interested.

Should I tell him it is Tsukishima? But what if he tattles it to him or Tanaka-senpai or someone else? I should not.

"Erm... what way?" I tried to stall him, averting my eyes to the other side of the gym.