2.

IS THIS HOW FEELS WHEN A HEART FALLS OUT?

—IS THIS HOW FEELS WHEN A HEART FALLS OUT?❞

| HINATA SHŌYŌ |

Two weeks.

It has been two weeks since Shōyō had realized his feelings towards Tsukishima and his condition has gotten worse. His emotions are all over the place and the boy couldn't even look at the other boy without blushing. If looking at Tsukishima was difficult then talking was a whole lot of pain. Good thing, Tsukishima and him never conversed much. Well, not good, but tolerable.

Noya's little advice was another thing stuck on his mind. Confessing didn't seem like a bad option. Honestly, Shōyō was not afraid of rejection. Moreover, he was ready for it. Rejection was fine, just a bit of sadness for a while didn't seem like a huge problem. However, Tsukishima's post-rejection attitude appeared to be the most concerning issue.

Tsukishima was known to be a salty person. His coy remarks and crisp retorts were always hurtful. The remarks were fine back then when his feelings were not this messed up. But now, it just seems like a pain. The boy was not only stingy, but he was also very smart and handsome. There's no way he would go for someone like Shōyō. Another thing was they were teammates. What if he confessed and the rejection creates some awkwardness between them and affects their volleyball practice and the team? Shōyō will never be able to forgive himself.

"You space out an awful lot these days, dumbass."

Shōyō jumped up in his place and turned around quickly to face his friend who was leaning against the vending machine, with a curious look plastered on his face. "Uh- Kageyama!"

"That's me." The setter hummed, standing up straight with huff. "What is it?" 

"What is what?" The orange haired boy asked softly, glancing carefully at his setter. "You just scared me."

"Mhm." Kageyama hummed softly, turning towards the machine to get his milk carton. "Get your head out of your mess, Hinata. I don't want you affecting our practice."

Shōyō winced at the accusation. It wasn't a false one, it was true. He knew his weird behaviour was affecting the team and its practice. "I'm trying-

"Try harder."

Shōyō pulled a face, walking closer to Tobio with a frown. Does Kageyama even know how much of a dilemma he is in? "It's easier said than done, Kageyama."

"Yeah, then tell me." Kageyama raised his brows in a curious manner, taking a large sip from his milk carton. It felt nice. "Tell me what is stirring your mind away from volleyball?"

"Um.. it's pretty much, uh, nothing."

"Can't lie for shit, Hinata." Kageyama snorted loudly, slamming his hand a bit too loudly on the vending machine. "Is volleyball not important to you anymore?"