"Protecting You"

[a/n: soon, i'll be publishing another tsukihina story. it will be a long story. i'm excited :) ]

[ Extra Chapter 2 ]

ANYTHING BUT TYPICAL, A SWEET SURPRISE

— ANYTHING BUT TYPICAL, A SWEET  SURPRISE❞

| HINATA SHŌYŌ |

As soon as the break time started, Hinata was quick on his toes to saunter over to Tsukishima, who was tiredly sitting in one corner of the court. He was surprised when Yamaguchi didn't come by his best friend's side like usual, and was shyly conversing with the managers.

"Tsukishima-kun!"

"I am right beside you, Shōyō." At times, the unnecessary amount of energy and enthusiasm made Tsukishima sort of agitated. Didn't Hinata practice straight for an hour? Did it not drain his energy?

"Tsukishima-kun." This time, the redhead was mindful not to be loud and too lively. "Nice?"

"Hm." Tsukishima was quick to observe the wide gap his boyfriend had kept between them, and that made his eyebrows shoot up. "The club knows about us." He folded his hands on his knees and leaned his head on his forearms, facing Hinata with a curious look. "Why the distance?"

Meekly, Hinata pulled his knees closer to his chest and similarly to Tsukishima, rested his head against them. "They keep teasing me." He whispered softly. "Sometimes even call me by your name." The redhead's tone was shy and embarrassed while he complained about the mockery. "I don't want you to be embarrassed, Tsukishima-kun."

"Why would I be embarrassed?" The blonde asked quietly. "Also, who?" Although he had an idea who these people were.

"Because Tsukishima-kun doesn't like when people annoy him, right? I don't want to cause problems for you for silly reasons."

"Come closer." Tsukishima chuckled. "Thoughtful, are we now, shrimp?" He joked, albeit he was the one who instructed the redhead to get closer, he himself scooted beside the boy. "Screw them, Shōyō. Are you going to abandon me?"

"A-Abandon you?" Hinata wondered if his actions had hurt his boyfriend, though he was trying to protect Tsukishima. "Did I hurt you?"

Tsukishima was taken aback by the question. He was about to reach out to console the boy, but he stopped and glanced around to check if anyone was looking at them. It wasn't for himself, but for Hinata. He wasn't fond of the idea of people teasing the boy for their relationship. Once confirmed, gently he reached out and caressed the boy's cheek with the tips of fingers, smiling ever-so-lightly. "No."