1

💋

******

Onika's alarm rang for her to get up ,she had to hurry and get ready for work. Tiredness laid on her eyes as she looked at the clock.

8:30 the clock read.

"Different day, same shit." She cussed to herself soon after went to the bathroom and started brushing her teeth.

After Onika was done she hurriedly got ready and made her way downstairs.

"Bye grandma no time to talk, work is calling." She hugged her grandma goodbye.

"Ok don't forget to let me know when you're back in the house so I know you're safe Onika." Her Grandma said treading lightly with a hot cup of coffee in her hands.

"I will, love you." She said before she left out the door eating a strawberry pop tart. She made it to her bus stop, right when the bus was coming down the street and then headed to work.

***

Onika had finally made it to her job, where she has been working for a little over three months. She enjoyed this job. They had a great pay but what she liked about it more was that their food was even better.

"Onika, you look beautiful as always." Her manager, Rachel, greeted as Onika came through the restaurant door.

"Thank you." Onika smiled, feeling enlightened by the compliment.

Onika looked around the big restaurant and saw that they were busy today. Everyone taking orders and making food. The restaurant was filled with the smell of steak, onions and wine.

"I have something special you have to do today. I'll give you a raise for the hours you've worked this week." Right when Rachel said this Onika was all ears.

"And what might the special something be?" Onika asked.

"We have important people coming in today and they are not to be played with.
Rachel had a serious tone to her voice.
"All I need you to do is serve them and put on the best attitude for these men."

"Okay.." Onika then stopped, she thought it was weird how Rachel was making the situation seem.

"They will be in the VIP section of the restaurant so they will be upstairs." Rachel mentioned.