10

**********

"Reporting live on Fox NYPD news. Right now we are in Queens and with us we have a shooting on East Crossway boulevard. Inside the cedar Airbnb's, Police state they heard 360 rounds of bullets were fired in the last hour. They are assuming the suspect has a machine gun and is very dangerous. So far the suspect still remains unknown." The news reporter spoke to the filming camera which was now on air, while the police waited outside of the Airbnb's. Cop cars filled up and down the block. While people still remained inside.

The bullets finally stopped but no one said anything, the room was filled with a loud void of silence. Onika finally opened her eyes, her vision still blurry from closing her eyes so tight. She looked over to Halle who was shot in both of her arms. Tears fell from Onika's eyes as she shakily touched Halle trying to get her up but she looked like she had passed out.

"Halle please get up, w-we have to go." Onika knew that this wasn't a time to cry, they could cry later, right now they had to get the hell out of there. Onika tried to put Halle over her shoulders even though the broken glass pieces cut up her feet. Onika hissed in pain realizing her leg had been grazed by a bullet and did much damage, seeing her leg squirt out blood.

"Fuck." She cursed to herself. Soon she heard loud thumping footsteps getting closer to their door. Onika looked at the entrance terrified, where Matías once stood but was still not there yet. She put Halle down on the sofa which was luckily not covered in broken glass or blood.

Onika then tried running to the kitchen but slipped in a big pool of blood. She looked at whose blood she slipped in. It was one of the strippers whose body laid lifeless on the floor. Onika almost threw up but held it down. The stripper was shot but what had Onika gagging was that the man's eyes were gouged out and his mouth was left open revealing his tongue was cut out too.

Oh my God?! Onika thought, looking at the body. She didn't know how long she laid on the floor but apparently it was long enough for Matías to do all of this. She quickly got back up from the blood that soaked her clothes.

"Hermosa."

Onika froze. Her heart dropped hearing him call her, the name held so much weight now, it increased her anxiety like hell. Onika just silently prayed she would just vanish in mid air.
She turned around slowly to see Matías, who was five steps away from her. She was horrified, looking at his drenched bloody hands. Everything about Matías scared her right now even the way he just silently stood and stared at her.

The only thing that ran through Onika's mind was.
He is going to kill me.
I am going to die.
He is going to kill me.
Her mind was racing with those words, she wasn't thinking straight at all so the only way she saw out was to run.

Onika didn't think twice. She jotted into the kitchen, running away from Matías like a runaway slave, while he only walked following her.

She was panicking, looking all around the kitchen to find a weapon to protect herself, she then saw a knife set and quickly grabbed the biggest knife out of the set.
Matias walked closer towards Onika, not fazed at all by the knife she was holding.

"Onika come here mami what are you afraid of." His smooth thick accent carried along in his words.

"Don't come any closer or I'll-" She was cut off by Matias.

"Or you'll what hurt me? We both know that wouldn't end well for you." He spoke, finally letting the tip of the knife touch his chest.
"Go on ,try it." He looked at her dead in the eyes, having her back against the kitchen wall.

"Please Matias, you're scaring me." Tears poured down Onika's face but that did not faze Matías at all.

"Pl-please Matias l-listen, it's not what it looks like." She stuttered against her words still holding the knife with her bloody shaky hands." I swear."

"You are playing me for a foul." Matias' eyes darkened, the way they always darkened when he was about to do harm."Onika you should know better than to play with me."

Matías then took the knife easily from Onika and took her hand over the cutting board on the kitchen counter and stabbed it, pinning her hand to the cutting board. Onika screamed in agony, feeling the sharp pain take over her hand. Blood pooled out her hand as she looked in horror.

"You let them bottom feeder fucking bitches lay their hands on you." He gripped Onika by the jaw, mushing her tear stained face together."You disrespect me in my face, is this how we roll mami?" His smooth accent was still present in his words.

"I'm sorry, please I-I am s-so sorry." Her breath hitched so much she was barely able to speak."Y-you know I would never t-think about betraying you baby."

"Open your mouth." He simply said, letting her jaw go.
Onika looked down at his hand to see a big set of tweezers.

Can I get a fucking break!? Onika thought seeing the tweezers, she felt defeated.

"W-what- why do you h-have those?" She started to panic again, Matías didn't respond, he just stared blankly, not caring if she was crying.

"I will not repeat myself."

"Please! Listen." Onika yelled, making Matías take the knife out of her hand and stabbing it back in, resulting in another hole being put in her hand. Onika looked like she wanted to call on Jesus but no words escaped. She was sure her hand was dead, she couldn't feel or move it at all from the pain.

"Now say aw." He placed his hand on her jaw again. She didn't wanna fight, she knew it would only be worse so she obeyed.
Matías then took the tweezers and started slowly taking out Onika's back teeth. Onika screamed as he held her mouth open roughly with his fingers, not caring how hard she bit down on them. He pulled out two teeth from each side of her mouth, top and bottom row.
Onika now saw four of her once pearly whites now covered in blood on the kitchen counter. She cried and choked on blood as she felt the raw, missing feeling of her teeth.

"Shut the fuck up before I make you swallow them." Matías said harshly not feeling pity.

Two police officers now came in with their hands on their guns, making Onika feel relieved.
Her head began to feel very heavy as she stepped towards them, Matías didn't stop her either.

"Ple-ase h-help he-crazy." That was the only thing Onika could speak out while blood came out of her mouth. Before she could take another step she fell on the floor, she guessed she was passing out from all the pain she was experiencing. Onika then saw the two cops take their hands off their guns.

I should've known. She thought trying to keep herself up, she then heard Matías order them to do something in Spanish and they obeyed. Onika put her head down in defeat.

There was no way out.

**********

Matías got issues🥸
Til next time luvs!!