chapter iv

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❛❛I'm so done with you two❜❜━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I'M NOT GOING"

The girls groaned. For the past thirty minutes, Annalise was set not to go to detention. Unfortunately for her, this was not much of a choice, as much as she hated it.

"You understand that you don't have a choice, right?" Zoe asked.

Annalise huffed.

"I know, but I don't want to spent an hour with Potter" the girl sighed.

"Hey! What have I done this time?" Jo whined from the couch in the Hufflepuff common room, where she was laying down.

"She's not talking about you, you idiot" Chris snorted.

"Oh right. Yeah. I totally knew that" Jo blushed.

"Sure you did, Jojo. Sure you did"

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Walking down the halls of Hogwarts by herself, wasn't something particularly new for Annalise. Often when she was overwhelmed, the girl would go either exploring new parts of the castle, or sit in the Astronomy tower.

But now it was a different occasion, as she was making her way to professor McGonagall's classroom.

Now, detention wasn't something Annalise was unfamiliar with ─she would often found herself in them, due to her fights with a certain Potter─ , however it wasn't like she would get in trouble all the time.

Entering the professor's classroom, the girl snapped out of her thoughts and with a grin on her face, she made her way to her sir.

"Hello Liz"

Annalise sure didn't expect to see Lily Potter smiling warmly at her, but it happened and it immediatly brought a wild smile to her face.

"Auntie Lily! What are you doing here?"

Lily snorted.

"I took over Minerva's detention, because the poor woman can't seem to catch a break, with you and my son fighting every minute of every day."

"Not my fault that he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut!" she exclaimed, rolling her eyes to the woman she was as a second mother.

Before Lily could respond, the door banged open and a red faced Harry Potter barged in.

"Minnie I'm so sorry I'm late, it won't happen again, please don't tell my mom" he rambled furiously but then he caught sight of his mother's fiery red hair and immediately stopped.

Taking a quick look at his appearance, Annalise took a note of his more-than-the-usual messy hair, the loose tie, and the little purple bruises and snorted, making Harry turn to her and raise an eyebrow to her.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just wonder what would happen to poor old Minnie if she saw the state of your neck"

"HARRY JAMES POTTER, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?"

"Gee thanks, Hale"

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Half an hour into the detention, the only entertaining thing that happened was Lily Potter, scolding her son for being intimate in the mere age of fifteen.

After that the two were supposed to write lines saying 'I won't fight with my classmate during class', but of course they started fighting again.

"It's not my fault we're in detention now!"

"Maybe if you had kept your mouth shut, Potter, then we wouldn't be here in the first day of the bloody school!" Annalise snapped.

"I was just trying, to ge-"

Suddenly Lily, who had enough of the fighting, slammed a book in the desk, alarming the teens of her presence.

"Ok stop!" she started.

"I'm so done with you two. You are in detention for fighting in class and now you're fighting again! You're fifteen, not 5, and if you ask me I found it all so immature! You are still fighting over a prank Harry pulled during 3rd year. Two whole years ago. Personally I believe that it's time for you two to end this childish feud and become friends."

By the end of her speech, Lily had become red from saying it all in one breath, but that didn't stop her from glaring sternly at Annalise and Harry who had absolutely no idea on what to say after that.

"Auntie Lily, it's not that sim-" Annalise tried to defend her and Harry.

"Oh, bullshit! Tell me a good reason for you to hate each other."

She was met by silence.

"Exactly! Now leave and go figure that out on your own."

And so they left.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The journey back was silent. None of them had the energy to throw insults, so instead, they settled in an extremely uncomfortable silence, until they reached the Ravenclaw tower where Annalise muttered a silent 'goodnight'.

Entering her common room, a smile appeared instantly on her troubled face, at the sight of her friends.

All of them where sprawled onto the couches, sleeping messily and were tangled together.

Annalise covered them with a blanket and left to her dorm, where everyone was asleep and lied on the bed, thinking about what Lily had said.

─────────

I wrote half of this while getting my hair dyed-