chapter xviii

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❛❛till next time❜❜ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❛❛till next time❜❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

FEBRUARY ENTERED AND TOMMOROW IS THE 14TH. Valentine's day, the day that couples celebrate their love for each other, the world is filled with pink and red, chocolates are on sales (a thing a certain werewolf is delighted about) and also the day that single people mope around.

Oh! Did I forget to mention that Madam Puddifoot's ─the extremely pink tea shop at Hogsmead─ is even pinkier and filled to the brim with snogging couples at every corner?

Annalise normally avoids stepping out of the castle on this particular day and usually spends it with her best friends on the kitchens, but considering the fact that all of them would go on dates and they couldn't stay with her, she was moodier than usual.

She was walking with Chris after a boring Potion lesson when she saw Harry. She smiled to herself at the boy who hadn't noticed her yet as he was talking with Seamus. Whatever they were talking about though couldn't be good, based on Harry's annoyed face.

Chris who followed her friend's gaze, smirked when her eyes found the Potter boy.

She nudged her teasingly. "Take a picture, it'll last longer, Lizzie."

Annalise snapped her eyes at the Slytherin and glared.

"Are you out of your mind?! He could hear you very easily!" she snapped.

Chris started laughing, bringing Harry's attention to them. The boy said goodbye to Seamus and started walking towards them, making Annalise shush Chris.

"Not a single word from you, young lady!" she whispered warningly.

"Hey, Potter. What's up." Annalise greeted.

Harry looked at Chris awkwardly for a while, like he didn't quite want her to hear what he was about to say, but then averted his eyes to Annalise. He scratched his neck and warily meeting her eyes, he spoke. "I was thinking maybe you wanted to join me on a date tomorrow?"

Annalise's eyes widened, not expecting that to come out of his mouth. "I- Uhm-"

"She says yes!" Chris' voice intervened.

They both turned to look at the girl, who grinned at them.

Harry then looked at Annalise again and smiled nervously. "So, is it a yes or should I go and we pretend that this never happened?"

Annalise chuckled and connected their eyes. She offered a small smile and a pink tint appeared on her cheeks. "Yes, I will go to a date with you, Potter."

"Really?" the boy said. "Brilliant! I'll see you tomorrow! Meet me at Hagrid's at ten!"

And with that he turned away and run to catch up with his friends.

Annalise looked at Chris in shock, the latter being too busy laughing to notice the shock in her best friend's eyes.

"What the fuck just happened?"

Chris just smirked and playfully rolled her eyes. "You, my friend, just agreed to go on a date with Harry Potter."

"Oh shit, I did!"

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

*earlier this morning*

Harry James Potter woke up with a strange feeling. Safe to say he assumed it was because today his best friend, Ron Weasley, would ask his little sister ─by three minutes─ out on a date for Valentine's Day.

But he quickly understood that it was not that, when Seamus Finnigan mention a certain bet they made on Halloween, during breakfast.

"How's our little Hale project going, Harry?" Seamus questioned.

The air between the group turned tense right after he said that, but the boy didn't seem to notice that.

Dean put his hand on top of Seamus' in a way to chanfe the conversation. "Seam, love, we'll be late at class. You don't want Snape taking ponts again from us for being late, do you?

The boy's eyes softened when they made contact with his boyfriend's and he nodded.

"Fine. Let's go to Mr. Greasy Hair."

Harry shot a thankful look at Dean who nodded back with a smile and they soon got up and walked out of the Great Hall to go to their Potion class.

While they were walking tho, Seamus stopped Harry. The boy sighed in annoyance, while Seamus had a serious look on his face. "What now, Seamus?"

"I'm being serious Harry, you need to make a move on Hale. Or are you chickening out?" he said.

Harry's eyes turned to stone and his jaw clenched. "I'm not chickening out, Finnigan. I just don't see the rush. Why do you care about this bet so much, anyway? If I win you'll lose your money."

Seamus rolled his eyes. "None of your business. Now." he started. "You want to win this bet, don't ya?"

"Of course I want. Is that even a queston?"

The Irish boy then looked at something ─rather someone─ behind Harry and smriked.

"Well it seems like this is the chnace to make a move, my friend. Hale and Riddle are behind you. Go and ask Hale on a date."

Harry turned and made eye contact with the girl, before turning back to Seamus.

"Fine." he said. "But only for the bet. Okay?"

Seamus nodded and patted his back and then ran to Ron and Dean who were walking towards Potions, leaving an annoyed Harry behind.

Said boy sighed deeply, before composing himself and plastering a smile on his face. Turning the opposite way he marched his way to the two girls.

─────────

Things are starting to get real after heree!

Also sorry for the lack of update last week, it just was a very busy day for me and I had no time to write a chapter.

Hope you have and amazing day! <33