chapter ix

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❛❛potter, are you on drugs?❜❜ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

IT WAS MID NOVEMBER NOW and Annalise hadn't seen the green eyed boy yet. Though it was more like she was avoiding him. Skipping classes they sat together at, eating at the kitchens with the girls and staying at the Ravenclaw common room at all times was all she did.

No, it wasn't that she was embarrassed. It was more like she didn't want to see his ugly-ass face (which she thought was actually pretty handsome ─not that she would ever admit that─).

Annalise didn't want to see Harry Potter. But that obviously wasn't possible.

It was Monday, meaning she had Transfiguration with boy and because of professor McGonagall that meant she had to sit right next to him for whole hour without fighting, cause if she got detention again she would most definetely get a rather colourful letter from her parents. And she did most definetely not want that at all.

Now, Annalise's relationship with her parents was complicated. Of course they loved her and she loved them, but they weren't all that close. Her parents, Edward and Eve Hale, were both succesful Aurors at the Ministry of magic and though they made really good money, they were barely at home. That consisted of multiple lacks in their relationship with both Annalise and her older brother, Brian. However, when they could get some days off from work, the family would go on little adventures, visit other countries, have movie nights, play Quidditch in their backyard and generally catch up on their lives.

But back to the matter.

Annalise was not ready to finally face the Potter boy, though it seemed like she didn't have much of a choice as Mariah practically dragged her all the way to the Transfiguration classroom.

"I mean, yeah you made out with Potter, which I can't believe I missed but anyways. You've missed Rowena knows how many classes and you've stayed behind on homework." Mariah scolded her. "Liz, I love you and all but it is our OWL's year and you my dear can't afford slacking if you want to pass."

By the end of the lecture, they were outside the clasroom and Annalise contemplated take the risk and run away. But she didn't.

Entering the room she was met with the stern face of her favorite professor looking back at her.

"Miss Hale." McGonagall greeted.

Liz winced at the coldness of her voice, a voice she was not used to.

"Hello Minnie McGonGon." she grinned apologetically.

The professor raised her eyebrow and gave the younger girl an unimpressed look.

"Fine. You're not in the mood to talk. I get it." Liz sighed dramatically and walked all the way to her shared seat, in the back of a class where a smirking Harry James Potter was waiting for her.

"Hale." the boy acknowledged. "Long time no see."

Annalise merely rolled her eyes and ignored him.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The lesson was almost done, Annalise being the only one other than Hermione Granger to be successful in the Vanishing spell, earning a small proud smile by the professor.

So as Liz was trying to concentrate on professor McGonagall's voice, a tapping sound on the desk made her look at the boy beside her.

"Could you stop it?" she snapped.

Harry acted as if he didn't even hear her complain and proceeded to ask her a thing that had been bugging him.

"You've been avoiding me."

"I have better things to do than spent my time avoiding little cocky bastards." Annalise said through greeted teeth.

"You look nervous. Do I make you nervous Annalise?" he whispered.

Annalise blinked and then started snickering.

"Potter are you on drugs?" the girl laughed.

Harry Potter called her by her name and practically flirted with her all together in the span of one minute. There was no way he was sober, she thought. However she couldn't deny how her name sounded nice coming from his lips. It gave Annalise a weird feeling in the bottom of her stomach but she tried ignoring it and focus on the green eyes of the boy in front of her.

"I'm not on drugs, darling. I'm just saying." he said. "Ever since our make-out session on Halloween, you've been missing. And here I am wondering why. So tell me Hale, where have you been?"

"I've been minding my business. Something that you should try." she replied, giving him a sarcastic smile.

As Harry was about to reply, the bell rang.

Annalise packed her things and started making her way to Georgine and Mariah that were waiting for her by the door.

"Oh!" she turned back facing Harry. "And Potter? Keep the pet names for your hoes, not for me. Okay, darling?"

And with that she left, leaving a slightly flushed Harry Potter, staring at her back.

"Mate, you good?" Ron snapped his fingers in front of his face.

"Oh, yeah. Brilliant."

─────────