Chapter One - Birthday

Chapter One – Birthday

I suddenly woke up and sat straight up hyperventilating, the dream I had just felt so real. Edward quickly asked, “What's wrong, Bella?” After I calmed down I said, “I just had a bad dream.” He pressed a kiss to my lips and said, “I'll go make you something to eat.” I replied in a seductive tone, “I rather have you.” He laughed and said, “Well, we don't have time for that this morning, Bells.” He turned to leave the room and watched as he did, then I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After I got out of the shower I headed to my bedroom and got dressed, then I went downstairs to join Edward in the kitchen. He had my breakfast already waited for me, I sat next to him with a smile and began eating it. When I was done Edward said, “I'm afraid Alice has some plans for you today.” I told him with a sigh, “I know.” He asked, “Did you have a vision?” I replied, “No, but I know Alice.” He laughed and said, “Yes, I guess you suspected she was up to something.”

Edward quickly changed the subject and said, “I didn't get you anything like you requested. I wish you would have let me get you something.” I told him, “Well, you could give me one thing.” He asked, “What is it?” I told him with a sly smile, “You.” He smiled crookedly at me and said, “I should have known you were going to say that.” I stated, “You should know how much I want you...lust for you.” He told me, “Well, I guess you can have me as your present tonight.”

After talking to Edward for awhile I realized it was time to go to school, we headed out to his Volvo and took off. There was complete silence on the way to school and it didn't bother me one bit, but I could sense something was bothering him. When he parked his car and turned the engine off I asked, “What's wrong, Edward?” He turned to me and said, “I can sense Victoria's presence.” I sighed and said, “Don't worry about her. She won't get the revenge she seeks, I can defeat her so easily.” He looked up at me and said, “I don't know what I would do if I ever lost you.” I became irritated and growled out, “Don't talk like that, Edward,” then I got out of the car without saying another word.

Alice quickly came over to me and said as she pushed a box into my hands, “Put this on before coming over for your birthday party, Bella.” I told her, “Thanks, Alice.” I handed the box over to Edward, he put it in the trunk of his car.” I froze as an image flashed through mind, I saw blood dripping from my finger and Jasper with pitch black eyes. I began to get the feeling that this birthday party for me wasn't such a good idea. Edward asked, “Is something wrong?” I lied, “No, I was just thinking about something, it's not important.”....

When the bell rang at the end of the day I followed Edward over to his car, he dropped me off at home and took off to help the other get things ready for the party. I thought I would be alone for the next few hours, but Jacob and Billy showed up. Jacob said cheerfully, “Happy Birthday, Bella!” Billy asked, “Are you still seeing that Cullen?” I replied, “If you're referring to Edward, then yes I am.” He sighed and said, “I can't persuade you to stop seeing him.” I laughed and said, “Nope.”

Jacob said suddenly, “I have a present for you, Bella.” He handed me a medium-sized box, I opened it quickly and discovered a dream-catcher inside.” Jacob told me, “It catches the bad dreams and lets the good ones through.” I smiled at him and said, “Thank you, Jacob.” I set the box aside and looked up at Jacob as he asked, “Do you have any plans, Bella?” I responded, “The Cullen's are hosting a birthday party for me, they want me their at six.”

Suddenly Billy said, “Just make sure none of them are hungry.” Jacob turned to Billy and gave him a warning, he turned back to me and said, “I'm sorry about that, Bella. He just has some superstitions about the Cullen's.” I replied, “I'm well aware of them, but I know I can trust them and that none of them would ever hurt me intentionally.” I talked with them for awhile and they left after visiting for an hour, then I headed upstairs and got ready for my birthday party. I couldn't shake the feeling something bad was going to happen, I felt it had something to do with the images I saw earlier.