Chapter Six -- Newborn

Bella's POV

Amy has been undergoing the transition for almost two days, she would be a vampire in about a day's time. Her features were becoming paler as the hours passed by, also her features were becoming more angelic like. I have been watching her newborn baby since birth, she seemed to be aging pretty fast. The baby looked a year old, but she had been born only two days ago. The child had bit me once, but she started crying as she tasted my blood. Whatever the hybrid was didn't like the taste of human blood, in fact she preferred the taste of animal blood. I let the five year old play with the baby because I didn't have to worry about the baby draining her sister dry and thought they needed to bond. 

Suddenly I heard a howl come from outside the Cullen's house, so I held the baby close as I headed outside. I asked Sam a little irritated, "What do you guys want?" He replied calmly, "Billy sent me to find you, the school called him." Then he asked as he noticed the baby, "What are you doing with that child?" I responded, "I'm watching over her, her mother's not well." I looked shocked as the child said, "Blood, I want blood." 

Sam growled out in anger, "Is that an immortal child?" His frame shook violently as he shifted into a wolf, which caused the little girl to scream in fright. Ella asked from the doorway, "What going on?" I told her, "Stay inside." He thought, "How did you get a hold of that child?" I snarled, "Her mother gave birth to her, a vampire had gotten her pregnant." He yelled in his mind, "What were you thinking? That thing could slaughter the whole town." I informed him, "She doesn't like the taste of human blood." He asked, "How do you know?" "The baby bit me, then she cried as a result," I retorted. Sam snarled in his mind, "Prove it." After taking a deep breath I said, "I'll show you." 

He slowly took a step towards me, then I place my hand on his head and showed him. Once he saw her reaction he backed away, then he took off running with the other two following behind him. I told him telepathically, "I'll inform her mother about the rules, so you don't have to worry about her hunting humans." Sam figured out I had changed the human myself, but he didn't understand how I was able to do it....

A day had almost passed as her heart began beating really fast, then it suddenly went silent and knew the transition was complete. She slowly sat up and noticed the bottles of blood beside her, then she grabbed the first one and began drinking it. After she finished the third bottle she asked, "Why does my child look a year old?" I replied, "Well, she's growing very fast, but I suspect she'll stop when she looks eighteen." Then I asked, "Does my blood appeal to you?" She told me, "Only a little, it isn't too strong." 

After a few minutes of silence I told her, "What are you going to do about your older child?" She answered, "I think I'll ask my sister to watch over her, I don't want to accidentally hurt her." I responded, "I think that would be for the best. You'll need some time to adjust to your new life. I was wondering if you would like my help with that." She smiled and said, "Yes Bella, I definitely would love your help." 

Then I told her, "You should go hunting, before you make any plans. If I sense you need my help, I'll go find you. Remember, only hunt animals though." Amy replied with a slight smile, "I understand, Bella." She kissed her baby girl on the forehead, before she took off running outside the house. Ella asked me, "Where's mommy going?" I informed her, "She needs to go out for a few hours, but she'll be back in no time."

Amy came back three hours later, she took her baby from my arms and went to sit on the couch with a sigh. She told me, "I'm completely and utterly full." I asked her, "Would you say your thirst is completely sated?" Then she replied, "Yes, it definitely is." Then she asked, "What's that awful scent I smelled outside?" I sighed and said, "You smelled the Quileute wolves, they're shape-shifters. Your daughter said she wanted blood in front of them, which didn't go over too well." She asked, "What do you mean?" I told her honestly, "They wanted to kill her, but they left after I showed them she wouldn't be a danger to humans." Then she asked, "How were you able to do that?" I simply replied, "I used a gift of mine, I showed them an image of her biting me, then her crying as she tasted my blood....