Chapter Five

Chapter Five -- Mysterious Hybrids

Bella's POV

It has been a month since I had destroyed the newborn army; it's also the day after Halloween. Aro hasn't called to send me on any missions, so I guess Victoria was being more secretive because she most likely didn't change people who would be missed. I felt relieved I didn't have to go hunting for vampires, but I began to get anxious because my stash of vampire venom was getting low. 

Suddenly I spotted a pregnant woman with either a four or five year-old child, they were being pelted with rain as they stood at the edge of the road. As I passed them something in me decided to pull over, when I did they quickly rushed over to my truck. When she opened the door I asked, "Do you need a ride?" She replied shaking, "Yes, please help me." Then I asked, "Where are you heading?" 

She started sobbing as she said, "We...we don't have anywhere to go." I told her, "Okay, get in. We'll head to my place." As They got into my truck I turned the heat up, I could tell they were cold. She asked me, "Where do you like?" I told her, "Just at the edge of town." There was silence the rest of the way home, then I told her, "I have a friend who's probably already there, he's been staying with me the past month and a half." 

As I pulled into the driveway I noticed his car wasn't here, I guess he wasn't here. After getting out of the car I noticed a note on the door, it was from Jacob:

Dear Bella,

       I won't be coming tonight, since my father wants me to stay on the reservation this weekend. He didn't tell me why, but I guess I'll see you Monday.

                                                              Sincerely Jake

After reading the note I headed inside the house with them following behind me, once we were inside I locked the door behind me. She asked, "Do you live alone?" I told her, "Yes, I do." Then she questioned, "How old are you?" I replied, "I'm eighteen. Why do you ask?" The woman responded, "Well, I was wondering where your parents are." I told her straight out, "They died when I was twelve." She looked away and said, "I'm sorry." I told her, "It's okay...I'm Bella, by the way." She looked back at me and said, "I'm Amy, and this is my daughter Ella." 

After a minute of silence I asked, "Would either of you like something to eat?" Amy said, "Yes, we haven't ate anything since this morning." I told her, "Well, I'll bring out some cookies to tie us over until supper time." She replied, "That would be great, thank you." I quickly headed into the kitchen and grabbed the cookies, as I grabbed the milk I heard screaming coming from the front room. 

Instincts kicked in as I rushed into the living room, the vampire held the woman by her neck. She began crying and yelled, "Why can't you leave me alone, Marcus?" He snarled at her, "Because you're carrying my child!" The woman was bearing a vampire's child, I just couldn't believe it. She screamed, "You raped me! I never wanted this! You destroyed my life!" He threw the woman onto the couch, the little girl quickly ran over to her and held on as they both sobbed.

Then the vampire turned to look at me with a sneer, he planned to kill me and drink my blood. I told him, "You just made a very bad decision. How many women have you impregnated?" When I looked into his eyes, I saw he had been creating a family; his family mostly consisted of boys. Then I told him, "What you have been doing is against the Volturi rules! I'm going to have to end you for this!" He growled at me, "Bring it on, bitch!" 

Without warning he lunged at me, but I dodged his attack got behind him. A second later I sunk my teeth into his neck and drained him dry, his venom tasted so sweet as it slid down my throat but still wasn't anything compared to Edward's. When he was completely drained dry I let his body fall to the floor, the woman stared at me in complete and utter shock.