Chapter Four

Chapter Four -- Forever Lonely

Bella's POV

A week has passed since I last saw Edward, when he had abandoned me for the second time. I knew in my heart he was further away this time because the pain in my heart was getting even stronger. Everyday during lunch I sat alone in silence, I sat at the Cullen's table staring down at my untouched food. All my friends had given up on me, except for Jacob though; he still stayed at my house almost every night. I sighed in sadness as I got up from the table and threw away my food, before going outside and heading towards the woods.

Suddenly I heard a branch snap, which caused me to become alarmed. I begin listening intently, since the noise come from high in the trees. I yelled out, "Show yourself, I know you're out there watching me." I didn't get a response from whoever it was, after a few minutes I couldn't feel them watching me anymore.

Then I jumped when I heard a voice say, "Remember me," I quickly turned around and saw it was Laurent. I asked quickly, "What do you want?" He instantly replied, "I have a message for you,...it's from Victoria." He tilted his head to the side as he stared at me waiting for my response, after about fifteen seconds of silence I responded, "What the hell does she want?" He answered, "She wants revenge, she wants to see you dead. Your mate as well." Instantly I growled out, "If she lays a single finger on him, I'll end her miserable pathetic life."

After a moment of silence I told him, "I have a message for you to give to Victoria. I know she has begun to create a newborn army, she won't live long if the Volturi find out. Also, it will be easy for me to destroy her newborn army, I could do it blindfolded." Laurent asked intrigued, "How do you know about them?" I replied with a sinister smile, "I work for them." 

All of a sudden he came closer and stood a few inches away from me, he said, "It's such a shame Edward left you all alone....so helpless." I snarled out, "I'm anything but helpless." He grabbed my chin and said, "Victoria is going to be very mad at me, when I end you. Your scent is so intoxicating it makes my throat burn with thirst." 

As he leaned closer to me I heard a voice say, "Bella, are you okay?" He looked at Angela and let out a hiss before running away, it left me completely puzzled. When I turned to face Angela she asked, "Did he hurt you?" I responded, "No, I'm just confused about his reaction to you." She smirked as she said, "You really don't want to know, Bella." Then I asked, "How did you know where I went?" She didn't give me an answer, she just turned around and walked away....

Jacob asked as we ate supper, "How was school today, Bella?" I told him with a smirk, "As boring as usual." He laughed and said, "Same for me." We finished eating in silence, I just didn't feel like talking at all. When I was done I placed my dishes in the sink, then I headed into the living room and just stared at the wall. Jacob came into the room and looked at me in sadness, he sat down on the couch and began flipping through the channels. I just zoned and my mind went to a different place, I was far from reality at the moment. 

Edward was suddenly in front of me, his eyes were dark from thirst. He wrapped his arms around me and said in a shaky voice, "I missed you so much, Bells."  Then I asked, "Why did you leave me then?" He didn't say a word and just held me a little tighter, I think he knew I already know the answer to it. I pulled away a minute later, before saying, "You need to hunt, Edward. I can sense your thirst, I can tell you're getting weak. Everyday you don't feed, you'll continue to get even weaker. Do you understand me?"  Then Edward vanished a second later, then darkness started to take over me. 

"Bella! Bella! Please wake up!" Jacob yelled as he shook me. I asked him a little confused, "What happened?" He instantly replied, "You just passed out. Are you feeling okay?" I told him, "No, I just don't understand what's going on." Then as I stood up I told him, "I think I'm just going to head to bed early." He responded, "Okay, I actually think that would be a good idea." Jacob watched me as I headed upstairs, I could tell I had given him quite a scare....