Chapter Two--Abandoned

Chapter Two – Abandoned

The Cullen's weren't at school the next day, which I found strange because it was an overcast day. I could feel it deep down in my heart that something was wrong, it was only usually for the Cullen's to skip on days the sun came out. Angela noticed my distress and asked, "Is something wrong, Bella?" I told her, "I don't know, I'm just worried about Edward. It's unusual for him to miss school, it's not even sunny out." She replied, "Just relax; everything will be fine." I responded, "I hope your right, if I lost Edward I wouldn't know what to do."

When the bell rang I headed to my first class of the day, Edward or Jasper and Alice never showed up to class. I couldn't ignore the feeling something bad was going to happen, I just hope it would be something I could live with. Once the teacher put the notes on the chalk board I began writing them down, I did it slowly so I could keep myself distracted the whole hour. The depressed feeling began to settle within me, it made think something was totally off.

Suddenly I began having a vision, there indeed was something unexpected going to happen to me. Edward planned to break up with me this afternoon, he would ask to go for a walk and have a talk. He probably planned to make the break up short and sweet, but I would make sure it didn't go as planned. Angela looked over at me in confusion, when she saw that I caught her staring at me she quickly looked away. I began to wonder if she sense the change of emotions, right now I was both depressed and angry....

After sitting next to Angela during lunch she asked, "Are sure everything's alright, Bella? You don't look right." I told her, "I'm fine." We began eating our lunch in silence, I didn't understand why she was worrying so much about me. As I ate my lunch something just felt off, I could sense someone feeling sorrow, and it was directed towards me. It only took a moment for me to pinpoint the person with that emotion, which was the very person I was sitting next to—Angela. I asked her, "Why are you sad?" She looked at me in shock and said, "What? I'm not sad." I knew she lied but didn't question her about it, I didn't want her to figure out I could sense her feelings.

Suddenly I came up with the idea to read her thoughts, so I could discover why she was feeling sorrow and kept on asking if something was wrong. Angela thought, "I can't believe the Cullen's are going to be leaving town, she will be so devastated. I wonder why they're leaving. Did something happen?" I began to block her thoughts because they were making me angrier, it only reminded me the Cullen's would be leaving town and me behind as well. Then I started to think how she could possibly know this, she looked at me again and said, "I'm going to head to class early, I'll see you later."

She quickly walked away from me, I watched her until she disappeared from my sight. I wondered if she realized that I caught on, I believed she was becoming suspicious of me. I went back to eating my lunch, there was so much I didn't understand at the moment. How could it be possible for her to even know this, but I decided not to dwell on it too much and just waited for inevitable to happen this afternoon. Edward would break up with over nothing, whether I would be able to let him go and leave me is something I would find out when the time comes.

Suddenly the rang signaling it was time to get to class, so I gathered my things and quickly head to chemistry class. The class was in the same building as biology, where Edward first touch me and felt the mating bond. After I enter the classroom I took my seat, I couldn't keep myself from staring at the empty....the seat Edward would never sit on again. A single tear rolled down my cheek as the sorrow within me grew greater, I had never pictured my life without Edward until now. The thing was that I wanted to spend the rest of forever with Edward, but I wouldn't get to now. I felt like I was losing control of everything in my life, everything I loved would be taken away from me within a second....