Prolouge - Non-Contender

The boat was pulling up to the island and I couldn't stop shaking in fear! I tried getting out of this entire stupid show but my parents wanted me to join anyway since they said it could help with my shyness. I saw the dock was filled with people who seemed to be posing for a photo, I jumped off the boat as it got close but as I stepped on the dock it fell apart. "Welcome to the camp (Y/N)! Kinda forgot you were even coming." Thank you for that Chris, I'm glad you are the host who cares for his contestants. "Dry off and meet at the campfire, we have plenty of things to discuss." I waded out of the water and I already wished I was back home in my room, dry and alone. I sat down on the sand and watched the others get out, some of them were glaring at me pretty harshly. "Thanks for breaking the dock man." This punk looking guy walked past kicking sand at me as he did. "But it was supporting everyone's weight, I'm not that heavy enough to completely break it." Muttering under my breath  was a common habit for me but that was ridiculous to blame it on me. I pulled my hoodie up and followed everyone to the campfire, I sat down on the ground near the back. Chris was talking about the contest but I zoned him out as a bunny came up to me and jumped in my lap. I pet him and zoned out as Chris talked until I felt someone kick my leg. "Hey! Get up and join your team!" Chris was yelling at me and pointed to a team with a red banner. "Come on pal, you can be our mascot." I stood next to the others ignoring Chris until I saw this big guy looking over at my pal. "Wow! Bunny just came right up to you, that's cool. Names DJ, by the way." This guy is so big, he probably stands over me by infinity! "Do... you want to hold him?" DJ nodded and I let him hold my pal, we continued to talk and walk as we were lead to the cabins for our stay on the island.

My team was the Killer Bass which was actually pretty cool, I was going to enter the cabin and get a bed when Chris pulled me off to the side. "Hey man so we have a small problem. You were last minute so the guys bunks have less bunks then the girls.... Sooooo.... Ya get what I'm saying?" No way in hell do I get ya! "That's not right! It's a breach of privacy, Doesn't it say in that contract we signed you can't do this?!" He pulled it out with a giant smirk and went to a specific page. "I actually do have something that says I can change bedding arrangements anytime I want! Just think about the drama!" I really don't want too. "I can't... Come on Chris!" "Sorry! Just going to have to suck it up!" Chris walked off and I returned to my luggage and entered the wrong side, the girls side. "Woah! You have the wrong side!" This lawyer girl got up close and I backed up "Chris says I don't have any room on the guys side. I don't exactly want to be over here, None of you interest me." It wasn't until I said it, I realized I didn't think that and instead said it. "We aren't interesting to you? Well excuse me!" Oh shit! "Wa-Wait! I didn't mean that. I just thought you all aren't my type." OH SHIT!!! I was suddenly tossed from the cabin and landed on my face outside "Nice going dude! I knew that would make things interesting." Chris walked away again and I went to the lodge to get some chow. I was the first one and walked up to the serving area, There was a giant chef with some prepared slop. "Hello, Can I get some food please?" He threw some slop on a bun and some white slop in a bowl. "Thanks! Looks good!" I took the tray and sat down, starting to eat I was impressed with the taste. "Hey Chef! This is pretty good, thanks!" I dug in and soon enough everyone else filled the room and their impressions of the food was less desirable than mine. None of my team really sat near or even talked to me, all the girls hated me for my comments while the guys either blamed me for the dock or bunking with the girls. I suppose this means I'll be voted off right away and I can go home, happy day after all! "Listen up everyone! You got 10 minutes to change into your swimsuits and meet up at the top of the cliff! Don't keep me waiting." This is going to be our first challenge, and at the top of a cliff. I don't like heights but maybe this means I'll be going home quicker.

We all changed into our swimsuits in our cabins but I did mine outside since... girls. Mine was a pair orange and red trunks with a black shirt, I joined everyone on the cliff but I was looking over the edge down at the water. Chris joined us but I was still looking down at the water thinking about the dive, I haven't done one this high before but maybe it will prove a fun challenge! "Killer Bass will going first!" First for what? "Come on guys! Who's going first?" Bridgette tried getting the team to do something but none stepped forward. "Excuse me Bridgette but I'm lost. What are we going?" No one said anything but Bridgette did break the silence "Well the challenge is to dive off the cliff and into the circle. Do you think you can do it?" She was looking at me with expecting eyes, Can't let down my teammate even if I want to leave early! "Right! Leave it to me!" I took a few steps back and made a dash for the cliff edge, once I reached it I dove off the cliff and made a perfect dive into the circle! "I-I did it! Hahaha! That was a breath of fresh air.". A boat pulled up and after climbing in the rest of my team started to take the plunge but not everyone had taken the dive. The big guy, DJ, and the lawyer girl, Courtney, chickened out which meant the other team needed one less chicken. My team was gathered on the beach but I snuck off back to the cabins and changed back into my regular clothes but when I returned everyone was scattered. "Did we win?" My answer was the disgruntled respones of my team which meant we lost, I can't finally go home! "Come on (Y/N)! We have to get these boxes back to the cabin." Courtney was leading the charge as we started to push the boxes but the other team was already so far ahead because they got a cart!

"Hey, just wanted to say you taking the dive off the cliff was awesome. We all needed a push so thanks." Bridgette was helping me push my box "Not a problem, I saw the look in your eyes and knew the sign. But please do me a favor in return!" She was puzzled but before I could ask her my favor I heard someone yelp in pain. It was at this moment that we saw three of the team was missing, I didn't even notice until now but Bridgette said we had lost Izzy and got Katie instead. Now the two besties were missing along with Tyler, Courtney also had a giant swelling eye! "Bridgette, My favor is to vote me out early so I can go home. Now I'll help Courtney with her eye, I don't think we are winning today." I walked up to the lawyer girl as she had her eye covered with her hand. "Courtnry, once we get back to the cabins I'll get you a ice pack to help that eye. Let's get that box moving!" I pushed her box while she helped and soon enough we had our team back but still making slow progress. Chris eventually came on a ATV and yelled at us through a megaphone "What's taking so long? The other team is already way ahead of you." Its these crates and when half the team stopped moving for a leak! I was so focused on my crate when the two besties ran off leaving everyone behind! This is becoming way more draining than I wanted and by the time we actually reached the cabin... I was dead exhausted! The other team was building.... something, but ah crap! I need to get something for Courtney and that eye of hers. "I'll be right back guys, I need to grab something for Courtney's eye." I ran off to the lodge and found a first adi kit... Thankfully I found one, almost thought we wouldn't have one. I returned to the cabins but it was chaos.

The other team had completed their hot tub perfectly while ours was a miserable excuse for a construction. I walked over to our team leader and tapped her shoulder "Sorry I was so late. Here's that ice pack I promised for you." "Thank you, I don't think even if you were here it would have helped." Thought she was going to blame me but I guess not. Chris came by to judge the tubs but after ours complelty fell apart after Chris touched it, the winner was very obvious. "Congratulations Screaming Gophers! Killer Bass, after dinner join me at the campfire and pick someone to go home.". Oh boy! This is my chance to finally leave and if I get voted off, Chris can't do anything to stop me from leaving. We all went to the lodge for dinner "Thank you for the meal, Chef!" I was going to sit at the table but this is my last night here, Might as well enjoy the scenery a little more. I took a seat on the steps and started to eat when someone sat right next to me! "What's up?" It was the goth girl, Gwen was her name. "Not much, getting ready to be kicked off and finally go home. I don't like being around people." Shit! I just said that out loud again! "I get that but doesn't the money interest you in the slightest?" "N-No. I don't want fame or money. I just want to live my life as I was before. I think my entire team hates me so I'm sure I'm going to be the first." We sat in silence as I ate my food when a little friend arrived to say hi. "Oh my gosh! A skunk!" Gwen backed away but I stayed. The little guy was nervous but like always he seemed to calm down near me and jumped up to my shoulder. "Sorry for having him scare you. Animals, no matter what size and species just like me. Why don't you return home pal? My friend is a little nervous around you?" He got the message and bounced away happily. "Wow, now that's some talent." "Thanks but it's nothing crazy good. I'm finished so I'm going to the campfire, it's been nice talking to you Gwen." I left my tray on the steps and after reaching the bonfire took a seat near the fire to stay warm. Almost done (Y/N), Just zone out and it will be over soon enough.

The rest of the team gathered around the campfire while Chris talked about something I zoned out on. I saw him tossing marshmallows to everyone and he stopped when only one was left, what a weird way to get scores ready. "(Y/N)! Ezekiel, Dock of Shame is that way." I was pelted in the face with a marshmallow and now I was confused. "Your safe from elimantion dude! Can't you almost pretend you want to be here?" Chris walked away annoyed while I looked at my team in shock! "But I thought I was going home first!?" "Well we did have thoughts about it but home school was dissing all the girls. So lucky you hoddie boy! We're still teamates!" Duncan the punk put me in a headlock and started laughing... I wanna go home.

Prolouge is done! Kinda rushed some parts but I spent almost all day writing this story and figuring out some character points! I'm finally happy with it and have some plans for future chapters. I also wanna say don't expect the exact same story considering I already changed only a few things but some.... Oh boy! Thanks for reading and Enjoy your day!