Chapter 10 - Spare a Minute

"I have one final marshmallow for tonight, Sadie, (Y/N). Today just wasn't your day, was it (Y/N)?" Bite me Chris, Not everyone has good days. "Sadie, made quite the enemy in Courtney, didn't you." Sadie just gave a small hmph as an asnwer. "Now who's name am I going to call?" Ugh... Can I really blame anyone but myself if I were voted off? This day started off normal enough but as the challenge started off with that rock climbing event, it went downhill so fast.

(Earlier that morning)

"Did you give him a name DJ? I couldn't think of anything that would fit him." That bunny I managed to befriend on the first day, well let's just say DJ and I adopted him as a pet. We hadn't thought of a name yet and too this point we have been calling him Bunny. "Why not just stick to the orignal name, Bunny is a good idea." "Good idea DJ, I entrust you to care for him today." Leaving our furry friend in his care, I made an exit for the lodge as the speakers turned on. "Campers! Dock of shame in 10 minutes, don't be late." Should get there straight away, prepare mentally for this. "Yo (Y/N), heading down to the dock?" Gaaah!!! "Woah! Didn't mean to freak you out." Bridgette, its only her... Overthinking again (Y/N). "I-Im fine, just lost in my head. Another scorcher today though, hope it isn't anything to crazy." "Hold up yall! Why don't we take a quick dip before the challenge?" Leshawna joined us on the dock and honestly I couldn't deny a swim would be nice. "Sure, this heat is killing me." Why is it so hot in Canada, isn't it supposed to be a cold climate always? Taking my shirt off I jumped into the water and Leshawna had the right idea but only late did I notice this was all a trick.

"See girl, all you gotta do is use a little trickery to get what you want. He may be a bit scrawny but he's got charm." Climbing onto the dock and putting my shirt back on, I can't believe I fell for that trick. Everyone else joined us shortly after and Chris arrived with today's challenge. "So I've noticed we are having some problems with our teams, a little trust issue? Today we will be doing some trust exercises, but with a extreme twist added to them. Also you won't be picking your partners, that will be my job." Not a bad start yet, I honestly don't have a problem with anyone here, maybe besides Heather but she ain't on my team so no worries. The extreme of these trust exercises is the more pressing matter, and I was proven right at the first challenge. "Rock climbing but with some added distractions like rusty nails, oily rocks, and some minor explosives rigged into the cliff side. Now let's decide who will go first, Gwen and Heather, Duncan and (Y/N)." Duncan and I don't see eye to eye on many things but this shouldn't be a problem, especially if I'm the one climbing. "I ain't climbing that, don't mess this up for us shrimp!" "No problem, Dad made us kids practice some survival skills and while I'm not the most psychical person, I've got this.".

The rig was set and with a blast of the air horn the race was off. The start was a strong one for myself and the lead was very noticeable, until my cockiness made me miss a slippery rock. "Got you shrimp, you don't weigh that much anyway!" "Thank you!" Regaining my grip and footing I was off again to catch up with Gwen. She ran into a few of her own problems when Heather lost her grip on the ropes when Chris messed with the ground group. The race was a close one but when I got stuck surrounded by explosives and oil, Gwen managed to slip ahead! "Hey, Gwen! Try not to fall behind!" Looking towards Gwen I was greeted by fabric hitting my face, flinging it off my face I was punished with a clear view of Gwen's underwear!!! "W-W-W-What?! I-Im not looking!" I moved my hands over my eyes but the brain wanted to punish me. "Come on man! We all know ya like her, just man up!" "N-Now isn't the time Duncan!" I tried salvaging the race but as I grabbed the cliff side, I grabbed a bundle of explosives which completly knocked me out of the race. "This must be some kind of divine retribution for my deadly sins." "Oh stop being so lame, man up and take some happiness from these little accidents. Now get up." Duncan proceeded to kick me in the side. "Ouch!" I unhooked all the climbing gear and joined the others for the next challenge but Chris told us only four were going which means I'm off to hide from a possible vengeance seeking Gwen.