Chapter 6 - Gift of Misunderstanding

Chris was angry because I had only done one confessional trip for the couple of weeks we've been here, he wants me to do them more often, something about airing my thoughts not just in my journal or head. Taking my seat I faced the camera and started my talk... for everyone to see who watches the show. "Soooooo.... Ever since the last challenge things around here have gotten worse... I must have done something in the past life for every day here to be worse then the last." Taking another long breath I continued "Something has changed with how the girls interact with me, they've become more, what's the word for it?" Trying to think of the word I suddenly jumped hearing a familiar voice "Where is that little twerp? Once I find him I swear he'll regret denying me an alliance!" The wall of the outhouse shook as the voice seemed to have kicked it. When a minute of silence had passed I let go of the air I was holding and found the word "Detrimned. If I'm alone then one of them shows up to talk or just hang around even if I'm just walking. It's weird... but I usually just hang around the guys and they leave me alone... but at night I'm not so lucky. I usually avoid the cabin until the others are asleep but they've picked up on my habit, now it's nearly unavoidable to run into one of them." Like a hunter learning it's prey, those girls are very detrimned hunters. "I talked to Duncan about it but he said that's my own problem, tried Trent and he said to just accept the current state of things, Owen said I should bride them with food but I think he was just hungry." Thinking about my situation and talking to this camera was stupid, it couldn't answer me with some help. Standing to leave the confessional I went for the door but it flew open with Heather standing looking upset! "There you are! We are going to go have a chat, now come here!" She went forward to grab me but with my height I ducked under her as she stepped into the confessional I closed the door behind her. "Sorry Heather but I need some time alone!" Taking off running for a spot to hide I knew she would be looking even more intensively now then before, why can't she just take no for an answer.
The underside of the dock was my main spot and I like to believe that I still had some good fortune since I wasn't found there yet. "Yo! Little Dude! Got a favor to ask." Geoff had stopped me in my tracks and now I was off to somewhere else, suppose Geoff will be my guard from the others for now.

"You wanna make a gift for Bridgette, but you want my help?" This is strange, Geoff surely could make a gift for her without my help. "I'm not artsy and you seem like the guy who would be. Please dude, I'll owe you big time." You being around me is enough, not really the biggest arts and crafts maker but I'm sure we can come up with a few ideas. "Alright! Let's scavenge for some material and get some designs underway. I'll make my own as a extra in case something happens with the original." "Yay! Let's do this!" Geoff and I split up gathering supplies and we meet back at the lodge to continue our work, we had the basics like glue and string but we managed to gather a few shells for a nature touch. Geoff was going to make a change holder, honestly not the worst idea he could have thought of. "Whatcha going to make (Y/N)? I'm sure you can come up with something good." "Its not a great idea but I thought a simple bracelet with some of those shells we found and maybe.... nevermind. Creativity isn't my strong suit but I can make it look nice at least." The work was started and everything was going fine, occasionally glancing at Geoff I saw his progress and it was coming along very well. My own project was decent enough, small white shells were placed around a string and I colored some of them to add a mix of change. We finished before dinner and after deciding his money tray was the best item I put my bracelet in my hoodie pocket. "What's the plan for the bracelet (Y/N)?" "Propably just give it to someone, maybe Gwen or Beth? Seems like a waste to just toss it." Geoff put both his hands (Y/N)'s shoulders looking down at his face "Are you sure that's the best move? Sometimes these type of gifts can lead to a misunderstanding." Its just a homemade bracelet, nothing like it could lead to a misunderstanding. "Don't worry, Geoff. I'm sure nothing bad will come of this." Geoff wanted to help is clueless friend but perhaps this would be the better outcome, for him to learn from his mistakes. "Okay but be careful my little dude.".