Chapter 5 - A Great Phobia

Sitting around the fire I couldn't stop thinking about my missing journal, Bridgette was the last one I saw near my bed that day but it could've been missing for longer since my blackouts started during the talent show challenge. My greatest fear is that someone took it and read what I wrote in it but why would someone do that? I haven't been a major player and it doesn't make sense for my own team to take it since they could just vote me off... Did Chris take it? Now with that image in my head I dreaded him having it all for himself... OH CRAP! This is actually worse than I could even imagine, if Chris really did take the journal then I'm dead! Shooting up from my stump I ran for the lodge in hopes of finding him but didn't. "CHRIS! Where are you?!" Receiving no response I collapsed to my knees, thinking this was all over I saw something on the ground. "No way!" My journal was on the ground and it was still in one piece. Putting it into my hoodie I walked back to the cabin and lied down on my bed, I heard a commotion going on outside but ignored it as I drifted into sleep.

We all gathered in the lodge the next day for breakfast and in a weird turn of events the tables were split by gender... Never been worried about something like this before. "Alright guys, we need to have serious guy talk." Oh no! "The girls, I mean we have some fine dames on this island. Let's get a common idea from everyone." This caused an entire conversation about all the girls and I couldn't believe the other table didn't even move an inch from the discussion. Tyler said Lindsay, Cody said Gwen, and other obvious answer came from the guys while some played around answering not seriously. Duncan was sitting next to me and after going around the table with me not saying anything, he took it upon himself to make me asnwer. He looked my head in his arm and pulled me closer messing up my hair "Who ya thinking about Runt? Could it be goth girl or maybe the crazy one? What about surfer chicken, or maybe the rude one?" Duncan gave them all nicknames but I did understand who he was talking about... even the rude one. "I-I don't know, this isn't something you just ask of someone Duncan." "Wrong answer Runt, just pick one!" He tighted his arm around my neck tighter and just blurted out the first name I could think of  "B-B-Beth! I pick her! N-Now l-let me go!" We all were too focused on the conversation but on the girls side most of them very glaring pretty harshly at Beth who just whistled an innocent tune. Thankfully Chris came in to break the tense situation around both tables.

"Today's challenge will be helpful for you all, You'll be facing your greatest fears!" Our greatest fear? How would he know those? "Heather! Meet us at the stage, you got a sumo match!" Heather is afraid of sumo wrestling? "Gwen, you and me, seven layers of sand." Being buried alive perhaps? "How does he know all our fears?" Smart question Lindsay "Cause we told him last night!" Gwen threw here head down on the table but I was still out of the loop. Trent nudged me in the side "We all were discussing our fears last night at the campfire. The only ones we don't know are Courtney's and yours... Wanna tell me?" Trent was a good guy but this is hard for me even think about. "Sorry Trent but maybe you'll learn it today... but I hope not." He gave me a pat on the back as we turned to listen to Chris. "All you have to do is face your fears and earn a point for your team. Now Chef, do the honors would you?" Chef appeared behind me and yanked my hoodie off my body, he didn't ruin it but now I was only with my plain shirt. "C-Chris! Why did he take my hoodie?!" I tried grabbing it from Chef but he just held it above his head... low blow Chef. "You gotta face your fear, without a safety net. Just say hi to everyone on the island today and you faced your fear!" I went to pull my hood up to cover my head but it didn't work. "I can't do this... Chris keeps picking on me and I don't even want to be here." (Y/N) shot up from his seat and ran out of the lodge wanting to find a place to be alone. Once he was gone the glares at Chris were killing worthy but he even knew maybe this was a little too far... Maybe! "Look, if he can even say a single word I'll count it as a tally mark for him, Though he still needs to say something to you all. Now let's get started with the challenge!".