Chapter 1 - In the Zone

After not being voted off as I wanted the next few days were uneventful, I tried my best to avoid all other campers and always was the first one to sleep in my bunk so the girls didn't kill me. My plan was going great until I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night and while trying to get back to sleep I found it impossible. Looking around the cabin all the other girls were still sleeping, I'll just sneak out for some fresh air, music, and writing! Grabbing my journal and mp3 I left quietly through the door and sat on the steps of the cabin. Putting my thoughts on paper was a nice way to help clear my head and thankfully I was still alive to do it, but the others weren't making it easy! Bridgette seemed to think I was alright talking to her but I'm not! Duncan keeps messing with me, pray to a higher power he never finds this journal. DJ always finds me when I'm in the woods with animals and always talks about them! This wouldn't be bad if it was just my team but the other one keeps talking to me also! Owen wants me to make him food just because I made my team snacks for one day! Gwen keeps following me when I want to be alone and persists even when I asked her to stop! The worst is Heather, she keeps trying to catch me alone to talk but I've been lucky enough to dodge her but for how long I don't know... This is too much for me. I closed my journal and took a walk down to the dock, watching water at night is always nice.

I took off my shoes and socks rolling up my pant legs, I sat on the edge of the dock with my legs in the water. If this island didn't have all these people it would be the perfect vacation spot, well maybe for someone like me at least. "Whatcha doing up loner?" She is a stalker, it's the only reason she is awake right now! "H-Hey Gwen... W-Why are you awake?" Sitting down next to me I could feel my need to leave rising. "Woke up and saw you walking down to the dock, thought you might try to swim back home." Swimming back home, I didn't think of doing that! "No, I don't think Chris would let me do that even if I could. I woke up and couldn't sleep so I came to watch the water." Sitting in silence as the water waved back and forth I was content but Gwen wasn't. "Why did you sign up for the show if you are so against people? It's pretty obvious you don't want to be here." "Someone filmed me and sent it in as a audtion tape. I didn't want to go but my parents made me, said it would help with my shyness they said." I pulled my hood over my head and heard a small laugh out of Gwen. "Guess it's not helping so far but who knows? Maybe just take it slow and it will work out." She let out a yawn and I also let one out. "Well loner, I say we get more rest. Never know what that host had planned." I nodded and we went back to our respective cabins, trying not to make much noise to wake up all the girls in mine.

I was actually sleeping peacefully, one of  my special talents is that I can go a full day with only a few hours of sleep. Maybe it's my small body or the lack of energy I use daily? It wasn't until I landed on the floor I woke up fully "Ow! What the heck was that?!" I looked around and saw the cabin was empty! I dressed myself and ran outside to see everyone else lining up. "What's going on?!" "Oh (Y/N)! Nearly forgot you were still here, now get ready for a run!" I pulled my hoodie over my head and sulked next to Tyler, Chris forgot about me again. "Alright! Ready, set, and go!" Chris shot a gun and everyone started off strong but as I looked behind me I saw a bird fall to the ground... That was a real gun! My running speed isn't anything great but I wasn't going to make it look like I'm a weakling! I ran past a group that was walking and nestling tripped over Owen who was on the ground. "Owen! Don't lick the puddle water! Just alow down and breathe!" I should hurry up and grab some water for the lodge and bring them for the slower runners! I was one of the few people who got there first but I ran into the kitchen grabbing a few bottles and running back down the path "Owen! Catch!" I tossed one to him and continued running into Harold, Leshawna, and Noah. "Don't go passing out guys! I'm heading back to the lodge!" I started to run again and soon enough returned back to the lodge where I took a seat at the tables. That was plenty of running but I'm feeling pretty good, I wonder if Chef is done with breakfast yet?