Chapter 7

Saturday, 05:33 pm.

Instead of going to the Mega Monster Amusement Park, Nya and Jay decided to hang out in his and Cole's apartment. However, Jay still insisted on going on another day to which Nya obliged to. They had spent a little bit alone time in Jay's room, cuddling with each other on his bed while talking about how much they had missed each other more in detail. Then they walked into the living room to eat some lunch together with Cole. While eating homemade lasagna, which was surprisingly delicious, Cole and Nya got to know each other better and made friends quickly.

Now they were back in Jay's car with him driving towards the movie theater. The car ride didn't take that long, and it was accompanied by a comfortable silence with Jay focusing on the road and Nya staring out of the window, watching the many cars and other vehicles pass by. After he parked the car right in front of the movie theater, Jay immediately hopped off and ran across to Nya's side, opening the door for her. She laughed, taking his hand once again and getting out of the car herself.

They walked inside hand in hand, seeing their path being packed with posters of premiering movies of all genres.

"Look at that!" Jay said, pointing at a science fiction movie with Fritz Donnegan starring.

"You still like that franchise?" Nya asked, chuckling. She could still exactly remember how he got excited when the first movie of Starfarer came out. He was the one to drag her to the very first movie premiere six years ago, after all.

"Like it? No. Love it? God, yes!" He then turned towards her, pouting while trying muster one of his best puppy eyes ever. "Can we watch it?"

She let out a cute laugh. "Sure, why not."

And, just as she had already anticipated, Jay tightened his grip on her hand and dragged her towards the cash register to buy the tickets.

After getting two tickets in one of the last rows, they walked up to the snack area to buy some popcorn and some more Coke.

It took them a while to find their seats inside of the theater due to the lights already being out, but once they did, they realized they had a little bit of space from other people that were waiting for the movie to start. And yes, they were mostly little children with their parents, screaming as if they were about to be burned alive. Every single time the two lovebirds thought the kids were done with screaming, they winced when another round was initiated.

Then finally, the movie began. Almost during the whole first half of the movie, the children kept screaming until a worker at the theater had enough of it and told them to keep quiet or leave, and luckily, the kids stopped.

Nya was quite fascinated by how many lines Jay knew by heart, but considering this being his favorite comic book hero ever, it wasn't anything unexpected. Even at his age. She smiled, letting him ramble on about how much he loved Starfarer and how much he would love to meet the actor, Cliff Gordon, in real life. It would be like a dream come true.

They both were enjoying watching the movie together, with his arm wrapped around her shoulders and her head leaning against his shoulder, but at some point it... escalated. It escalated a lot. Because when Jay grabbed into the huge bowl of caramel covered popcorn, he aimed for his mouth, however missing by a whole lot and hitting Nya in her face instead. She gasped, looking at him accusingly. Then she just had to take revenge and they didn't stop throwing popcorn at each other until they were actually kicked out of the theater.

They didn't mind, though.

All they did was laughing it off together and walking back to Jay's car. Once both were inside, and the doors and windows were closed, they were free to laugh as loudly as they wanted to, which they did.