Chapter 19

Monday, 06:01 am.

Her eyes shot up as she felt her heart beating as if it was going to jump out of her chest.

She looked around frantically and frowned to herself when she woke up in a new place.

What happened?

She closed her eyes and took deep breaths, trying to remember what happened. However, she jumped once a single beep was audible.

Nya opened her eyes again and looked up to see a strange looking machine which was probably the source of the beep. Following the cable it was attached to, she realized it reached down to her hand and was inside of the back of her hand with the help of a needle.

Hospital. Now she knew. But how?

She looked around the room to see what only confirmed her theory about her surroundings. There was a clothes hanger on the wall next to the door which had some coats hanging on it. On the other side of the room, the window was half open, letting in some fresh air. The white curtains waved as a sudden boost of wind made its way inside, making Nya shiver a little bit.

As the memories came rushing through her head, her eyes widened. How did she get into the hospital? The last thing she remembered was being carried by someone, that was it.

Was it a stranger? Was is someone she knew? She couldn't really tell.

Nya sat upright in the hospital bed and tossed the blanket off of her body, revealing her being dressed in a typical hospital gown. Her swimsuit was not on her anymore.

She let her legs dangle down the side of the bed and slid over to the edge. Just before she could get up though, she remembered there was still an infusion in her hand.

Lifting her hand up to her face, she inspected the infusion very closely before figuring out how it was attached to her hand. Then she slowly and carefully removed it and put the cable on her bed.

Nya looked at her hand once again and sighed in relief when her hand didn't bleed from the wound there was now. The needle was still in her skin though, it was held in place by a strip of some white bandaid. She wiggled her hand to check if she could use it without any pain and smiled shortly once she could.

After taking a deep breath, Nya slowly lifted herself off of the bed and felt her legs wobble a bit before she could stand up straight. Then she let go of the bed completely and groaned when she realized the gown was only going down to her knees. She slowly walked over to the mirror and looked at herself, seeing bags under her eyes and crusts in the corners of her eyes which she quickly removed with her middle fingers.

Then she quickly readjusted her hair and fixed her face. In the corner of her eye, she could see the reflection of the clock on the wall in the mirror to her left, and she frowned as she turned around and read 06:05. She looked out of the window to see it was early in the morning.

Nya then gasped when she remembered that the championships were going to start in less than two hours. When she glanced around the room to look for her clothes, she couldn't find anything, so she decided to walk out of her room in that gown.

And so she opened the door and glanced down the corridor from left to right before she decided to walk up to the glass door in the end of the corridor.

She passed quite some people who looked at her funny, who she decided to just ignore for the sake of her dignity. Or what was left of it.

Nya opened glass door after glass door, trying to look for a doctor who might tell her what happened and could help her take out the needle so she could leave the hospital.