Chapter 16

Sunday, 18:02 pm.

Nya sighed as she opened her Tupperware box and looked at her tuna sandwich inside. Just as she wanted to grab it, she realized her arms and hands were still dripping wet, so she turned around, grabbed the blue towel that was dangling down from the chair to her right, and dried off her hands. Then she took the sandwich out of the box and took a bite.

As she was eating, she looked around. The only source of light being right above the pool, Nya enjoyed the atmosphere a lot.

Her bare feet were turning colder the longer they were touching the ground, so she laid the towel she had just used on the ground and put her feet on it.

Her skin had formed light goosebumps as the feeling of still being in the water lingered in her system. She enjoyed that feeling a lot, actually.

It gave her a sense of comfort.

Taking another bite, she reached over to her bag and pulled out her phone, humming once she saw she hadn't received a single message.

Kai was currently supposed to be at Skylor's and probably wouldn't get back home until late in the night.

She didn't want to imagine what they had to be doing right now.

Jay was meeting his parents for the whole day, and said he would even stay the night until probably the early morning to get ready for Nya's big moment.

Speaking of which, the championships were going to start at eight in the morning, and the category of swimming was fifth in line. After fencing and before soccer.

And since Nya was suddenly hit with a pang of worries and anxiety, she needed to be in good shape.

Although her trainer had told her to take the time she had on the weekend to cool off, she insisted on continuing to train and practice. She just wanted everything to go as planned.

And since she had spent Saturday with Jay, she felt like she had to use Sunday as a practice day.

The couple had gone to the Mega Monster Amusement Park, just as Jay had promised they would a while ago. The look of fascination and adoration made his heart flutter as she pointed at every attraction she set her eyes on and almost begged him to get on them. To him, she was like a little girl on a Christmas morning. Just adorable.

Nya had a lot of fun with Jay, and wanted to go there for a second time, for sure. And Jay was down for that.

However, once she had gone back home, she immediately felt like she had wasted a good amount of hours she could have used to practice.

But spending time with Jay was always a good thing, so she wasn't upset.

Although she wanted to listen to John's advice on cooling off, she nevertheless had texted him and asked if she could possibly get the keys to the swimming pool.

John had only reluctantly agreed and given her the keys this morning. Nya had promised him to not let anyone else get inside, and to not lose the keys at all costs.

She had walked into the building at around eleven in the morning and ever since then, she only practiced and took some breaks if she found them necessary.

And as you may see, she strained herself. She strained herself a lot.

However, once she managed to swim forty-five minutes without feeling the urge of giving in, she felt victorious. And since that first time, she also managed to do it a second time.

No one knew of her being there, not even her brother. She didn't want him to make her stop and not practice any more than needed. Her brother only wanted what was best for her, but sometimes it was a bit too much for her to handle.