Chapter 13

*about three weeks later*
Wednesday, 09:22 am.

It had been about three weeks since her swimming trainings had started. She was a fast learner, despite her years of experience already.

At first, she was a little bit anxious of being rusty and having forgotten some techniques, but felt happiness fill her once she mastered everything her trainer, John, told her to do.

She was a fast swimmer, and felt happy whenever she was complimented on it by John and Mandy, his wife.

However, Freddy wasn't as fortunate. After around the fifteenth minute of swimming tracks, he was always lagging a bit behind until Nya was a clear 'winner' of the two. And no matter when she looked at him, he would always give her unsettling looks.

Yet he never tried anything and basically ignored her.

And now, back in the present, she didn't know whether it was a completely stupid idea or the absolute best thing her lover had suggested for them to do.

She wondered if it was too obvious if both of them weren't attending school for the whole day. But at this point, she stopped caring once they got out of his car and walked up to a not-so-well-known picnic area in the countryside.

Jay had a light brown picnic basket in his hand as his other one was in Nya's as they were walking down a small hill.

When Jay stopped in his tracks, Nya felt herself stop as well after a few steps when she was a bit pulled back by his hand. She turned around. "Why'd you stop?" She asked, tilting her head.

He gave her a cheeky grin. Then he let go of her hand and put the basket on the ground. Nya watched his every move carefully as he bent down and untied his shoelaces one by one before he took off his shoes. Then he also took off his socks, leaving him barefooted.

Jay looked at his girlfriend and averted his gaze from her eyes to her feet and then back to her eyes. Without him saying anything, she understood what he wanted her to do and slowly bent down while watching him watch her. After getting out of her shoes and socks as well, she held in a gasp as the fresh, green grass massaged her feet. It tickled a bit, but she couldn't say she didn't like the way the grass was soothing her senses.

He put his socks into each of his shoes and placed the shoes onto the closed lid of the basket before he grabbed it and lifted it up again. The young teacher held his other hand out for his girlfriend to hold which she gladly did, smiling.

The two walked the few more steps together, and with bare feet this time.

Nya was quite proud of the people there that there was no apparent trash or broken glass on the ground they were walking on. The grass was smooth and inviting and greener than the city grass she had always seen.

After finding a good spot under a big tree, they decided to lay their blanket over there. It was the perfect spot since the other people there were in a good distance from the two lovebirds.

Since Jay had brought the basket from his apartment, Nya had no idea what was inside, so once they sat down on the dark blue, big blanket, she watched excitedly as he opened the lid and stuck his hand inside.

"So," He began, rummaging carefully inside the basket. "I thought that since we're gonna spend the whole day here, I should pack breakfast and some snacks. I was sure that we'd go to a restaurant or something for lunch and dinner, if that's okay." He stated.

"Sure." She assured him, her tone quite excited.

Then he pulled out two, in tinfoil wrapped, sandwiches. He handed her one.

Nya took it and unwrapped it carefully. Once the smell of tuna hit her senses, she immediately loved it already. She smiled as she took one bite, thinking about how he remembered that she was into this stuff.

After they finished their sandwiches, the two relaxed a bit. The whole pressure of high school was on both of their shoulders. Jay rested his back against the big tree and held his girlfriend closely as she was leaning against his chest, her eyes closed. He caressed her hair with one of his hands as he watched a small group of birds flying in sync in the bright blue sky.

He sighed, smiling. "We should do this more often."

Nya mumbled something incoherent before she opened her eyes to look at him. "Yeah, but maybe not when skipping school next time." She laughed.

Jay rolled his eyes playfully. "Yeah, well, think about it! Everyone is supposed to be in school right now, so we don't have to worry about anyone catching us." He reasoned.

She hummed. "True, but still." Then she leaned more up to him until her face was in front of his. She put her pointer finger against his chest and tapped it with every word that came out of her mouth. "Skipping school is bad." She tried to sound strictly, though his sheepish smile made her smile mid-sentence as well.

Jay tried to keep himself from bursting out in laughter, resulting in him snorting uncontrollably.

"Oh, shut up!" Nya scoffed, smiling.

That was his cue. "Make me."

Nya raised an eyebrow. "That's such a lame one-"

He groaned. "Fine, I'll do it myself."

"Wha-"

Jay grabbed her cheeks and brought his face a bit down to silence her by connecting their lips. Nya's eyes were wide at first, but then she relaxed in his arms and kissed him back with just as much passion. He brought his hands down to her waist, whereas hers went behind his neck to pull him further down.

That's when he accidentally put a bit too much weight down, making them fall back down. However, their lips never parted once. Him on top of her, their eyes slowly opened once they needed to catch some air. Jay slowly pulled his lips away from hers, his gaze never leaving hers.

Nya's arms fell down next to her head as she admired the man looking down at her.

He lifted his weight with one arm as he went through his lover's locks with his other one. He smiled dreamily while doing so.

"You're so beautiful." He said, almost absentmindedly.

"Oh, come on!" Nya exclaimed quietly, trying to sound annoyed.

But the blush and the constant smile on her face were not on her side.

"Admit it! You love it when I compliment you!" He teased her, smirking.

Nya scoffed, breaking eye contact as she turned her head to the side, leaving his statements never commented on.

Her eyes widened, her body stiffened, her smile disappeared.

Jay seemed to take notice. "What's wrong?"

"How can they be here?!" She wondered, mostly to herself.

"Who?"

Nya grabbed his cheek and turned his face in the direction she was looking at. His breath hitched when he saw three boys, familiar boys, walking around in the far distance.

Freddy and two of his friends.

"What are they doing here?!" He said as he frantically climbed off of his girlfriend.

"No idea, but we gotta go before they recognize us!" She told him as she sat up and started to pack everything into the basket.

He nodded, helping her pack the things. They then stood up, and Jay took the blanket, shook it, folded it, and put it inside the basket. They put on their shoes and rushed out of the area.

"Do you think they saw us?" Jay leaned a bit down to whisper into Nya's ear as they were heading for his car.

"I don't know. But if they did, we're doomed!"