Chapter 20

Monday, 07:54 am.

"Where are they?" Skylor hissed as she paced back and forth. She was dressed in her fencing outfit and was waiting impatiently for her best friend to arrive.

The contestants had to be there before eight so that their participation could be verified. Nya, however, wasn't there yet and the time seemed to be against her.

Skylor stopped and looked at Kai. "Where are they?!" She exclaimed.

"I don't know! They were supposed to show up way earlier!" Kai answered, frustrated. "I swear to god, if they got into a car accident-"

"Don't assume that, it brings bad luck!" Seliel hissed at Kai, shutting him up.

Cole then ran up to the gang and held his phone out to them like a trophy. "I just called Jay and he told me they're in a traffic jam."

"What? Where are they?" Lloyd asked.

Cole sighed. "He told me they're still like ten minutes away from here."

"But Nya only has about five minutes before-"

Kai quickly interrupted Zane. "We know that, Zane!"

Just then, Freddy came up to the group with a cocky smile on his face. He was in red swim trunks, perfectly showing off his abs. "Oh, where is my partner?" Then he fake-gasped. "Is she going to be late? And where's Walker?"

Kai could feel his blood boiling under his skin. "Don't you act like we don't know what you did, scumbag!" He ignored the Walker comment.

"What do you mean?" Freddy asked, going through his gelled hair with his hand, bringing it back into style.

"We will get you, you just wait." Kai warned, his voice low and covered in venom.

Freddy scoffed. "I'd like to see you try. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go warm up. I've got a competition to win, after all." Then he walked off, leaving the rest aggressively speechless.

Kai balled his fists and was about to walk after him before he was yanked back by his girlfriend. "Don't. It's too early for that."

He sighed, relaxing.

At that moment, John came up to the group. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and leaned just a tad bit down to whisper to Kai. "You know, we're not allowed to have favorites and are told to treat every student the same, but that guy is really testing my limits."

Kai smirked at him. "It's nice to know that even teachers don't like him."

"Between us teachers, no one really likes him with this attitude." Then he chuckled. "Some of us even stopped looking forward to classes he's in. And we make fun of those who have to teach him."

Cole then walked up to the other side of the trainer. "You make fun of your colleagues for having to teach him?" He asked, amused.

Lloyd then pushed Cole out of the way to talk to John. "What do the teachers say about me?"

Cole then raised his hand. "I'd like to know too!" He exclaimed.

John chuckled. "You two have nothing to worry about."

Lloyd and Cole high-fived and giggled like little children.

"Where's Nya? I'd like to talk to her." John asked.

Kai nervously laughed. "She isn't here yet."

"What?!" The trainer exclaimed. "Where is she? She has to be here before eight!"