Thoughts/Answers/Thanks

Why hello there, people who have reached the end of my story!

I'm actually pretty excited because this is my first story I've ever completed.

And yeah, I'm here for your questions now, because I'm sure at some point some of you might be having some. I'll answer some of the questions that might come up that I can think of, as well as my thought processes at some scenes.

If you have a question I haven't answered yet, please ask here! —>

1. What is up with Jay and Nya's ages?
Yeeeah, uhh, so... Nya is 17 and Jay is 19 in this story. I thought about this whole thing before publishing the book, so here's what I was thinking: Since Nya is 17, I wanted Jay to be around the same age as her, so I chose 19 for him (because anything higher would've been weird, in my opinion). However, he's supposed to be a teacher, and a 19-year-old teacher is a bit too uncommon, so I thought that he maybe skipped a few classes because he was smarter in school, so he started his schooling earlier than usual. I doubt that this is a real thing in real life, though.

2. Kai was supposed to be too overprotective.
I originally wanted Kai to not accept Jay at first for a while, but I wanted Jaya to happen calmly, so he let it slip. I also wanted him to, like, freak out when he caught them kissing, but I kinda chose for him not to because he can relate to them because he's in a relationship himself, you know?

3. Why did I choose to focus more on Kailor in the epilogue?
I just figured that since I wrote that Kai was planning on proposing to Skylor, might as well put it in, which leads to-

4. How old are Kai and Skylor?
Kai is 19 and Skylor is 18 years old in this. Now you may ask, aren't they a bit too young to be betrothed? My answer is probably, but I don't care :D

5. I regret on putting too much focus on Freddy and John.
Now that I look back at it, I kinda regret focusing too much on them. Then again, I needed some kind of action, you know what I mean? And I since I don't like bringing in characters from the show who many people use as the bad guys (who, in my opinion, make that really awkward, NO HATE TO THOSE WHO HAVE), I decided to just include an imaginary bad guy, aka Freddy.

6. What is the message of this story?
As you know, Nya has been pretty much sexually assaulted by Freddy. I kinda wanted to show our current society, as in many people don't believe the victim, and so it only gets worse. We all know that it's always 'everyone's innocent until the opposite is proven', however SA is unacceptable, and not believing the victim is just what happens in our society as of now. Of course it's not always like that, I'm just talking about cases that have been rejected or declared as 'cold cases'! And notice how I never classified men as predators and women as victims? Yes, that's because everyone can be a victim at some point, no matter if it's a man, a woman, a non-binary, or whatever you identify as. And if anything like this happens to you, or has happened, PLEASE TELL YOUR PARENTS OR THE AUTHORITIES! Hiding it from everyone won't solve your problems, so please be brave and get help, it will make you feel better, I promise. Anyways, I have created the person of John as someone who believes the victim and helps her (in this case Nya) in feeling safer around who assaulted her. That shows that there will be people who believe you and try to help you, even if it's only a small circle.

7. Am I promoting teachers and students being in a relationship?
No, please don't do that!😃 This is Jaya, so it's reasonable, but please don't ever even think about it in real life, it's pretty much illegal!

8. Have I lost my motivation while writing this story?
Yes, but I'm pretty sure everyone gets bored or annoyed at some point while writing a story, so it's normal, I'd assume. I've kinda wanted to give up at around chapter 15 or something, but then I was like 'nahhh'.

9. What were my thoughts while writing this whole story?
At some point I was like 'what am I doing with my life, writing about a teacher dating his student', lmaooo.

10. Do I regret having created this story?
Nope.

11. Jay and Nya were supposed to make out in a classroom and get caught.
I genuinely wanted to get that drama in, but it would've made the whole story turn out differently, and there would've been way more chapters than twenty. It would've been interesting for sure, though.

12. Kai was supposed to mess up during the phone call with the principal.
I wanted to do that, but again, too much unnecessary drama... I should've done it in hindsight, though.

13. Will there be a sequel book?
I wouldn't know what to put in that, so no.

Yeah, that's about it from me. Don't be shy to leave your questions for me to answer, as I said before.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR EVERY COMMENT AND VOTE I HAVE GOTTEN ON MY CHAPTERS, I APPRECIATE IT ALL!! I appreciate every kind of feedback I get.

Also thank you so much for reading my book, and thank you for sticking with this story until the end.

If you're here and reading this: I love Jaya, you love Jaya, so more Jaya content coming soon ;)

Anyways, that was it from me, goodbye, stay healthy, and I'll hopefully see you in the next story!👋🏻

~ Sev <3

Total amount of words (prologue-epilogue): 40.470

Started: September, 13th 2021
Completed: October, 26th 2021