Join a Book Club

You may be thinking, "All that other stuff is great, but how do I actually get people to notice my story?"

Well, one simple way to do this is to join a book club. There are plenty of great ones, I especially like the White Tigress Book Club, but there are tons of other ones too.

The way Wattpad book clubs work is that you're assigned a book to read, and then you read it. Your book is assigned to someone else, as well, so everyone gets to read new books and spread the word about their book, and get more reads. 

I personally think it's a good deal, because you get to read a good book, you might make a friend or two, and you get more reads on your book! It's a win-win situation.

However, do not confuse actual book clubs for read for reads. There's nothing wrong with read for reads, but if you do one you have to know that all the comments people leave and that little uptick in reads and votes is not genuine. A person did not do that because they actually like your story, they did it because they think you're going to do the same for them. There's nothing wrong with this, but I think that you should avoid them.

(And by the way, vote for vote is against Wattpad guidelines. Just thought I should put that somewhere.)

So if you're looking for increased exposure to your book, and for something good to read as well, book clubs are perfect. Also, they're fun. Just make sure you can handle the commitment before joining, no one likes it if you just go missing.

And you can leave the book club if you really hate it, too, just make sure to notify the person in charge of the club before leaving. 

So, in conclusion, join a book club, because nothing bad can come out of it. The worst that could happen is that you hate it and leave. And hey! At the very least, you could get more reads by joining one, so...