⊕ Jebus x Reader ; It'll Be Okay

first request - requested by my friend

character: jeb
content warning: comfort - angst
that turns into fluff.
trigger warnings: gun mention,
crying, mild language

·˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ♡

It had been a little harder to maintain my composure, especially when our stupid boss wouldn't quit talking about deadlines. Right when all of us thought we'd get our well deserved break, Phobos would manage to find a way and destroy our hopes, dropping yet another load of work onto our desks.

When all this started - when Phobos kept demanding that we work harder - I was still able to get through it all. My job wasn't that hard, anyways. All I had to do was write documents about the final results of each experiment he had us do. At first, it was easy. Phobos wasn't proposing that much experiments for the other scientists to do.

All of a sudden, though, something seemed to push him on. His calmness was no longer present, temper so unbelievably short (I mean, he raises his voice when, and I quote, "the scientists footsteps are too loud around here."), and his professionalism seemed to die on him as well.

It seemed like he didn't care anymore. He wanted the experiments done and he wanted them done fast.

Whatever Phobos was having the scientists make was nowhere near good. It was his (so-obvious) desire for control. It was an artifact that could feed his power-hungry soul.

That was when he had the scientists make (and, they did indeed make it successfully) the halo.

And, now, look at what happened. The first person to discover the true intentions of Phobos' pressuring desire for the halo to be made was Jebediah.

Oh, Jebediah.

The only reason I was still somewhat sane. The only reason I still decided to stay at Nexus no matter the workload Phobos would drop on us. The only reason each day at Nexus was bearable and tolerable.

It would be a lie (an easily discoverable one, too) if I were to say I liked him. At the amount I desired to be his, I pretty much loved him.

The memories were made worse once I realized I didn't know where he was. Considering we were both scientists (except I had a different duty) we were luckily able to talk to each other.

Jebediah rarely smiled. He rarely ever showed emotion, really. He always seemed to be the type of person who just. . . had so much on his mind - had so much he wanted to say - but never knew how to express it.

Still, there were times he smiled, and it would make my heart flutter. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't wanna see a smile on his face more often.

He was always there for me - he read me better than I could read myself.

Where is he now?

It seemed like existence itself closed in on me when I had come across this realization.

At that very moment, it seemed like the new normal was in progress. Nexus was being destroyed, and no one knew who was behind it. Hofnarr went mad, Crackpott is somewhere unknown to me.

As I walked through some debris of Nexus, I had with me a gun. Phobos was crazy enough to have a whole stash. I swear, this man had intentions we should have seen. He was a walking red flag.