⊕ Sanford x Reader ; Safe

i love resonance by home
< 3

character: sanford
content warning: fluff
trigger warnings: injury

·˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ♡

You hadn't a memory of what had happened.

When you had awoken due to a drastically painful migraine, you were placed on a cot for sleeping. You remember seeing a lot of these in the tents set up throughout Nevada. They were essential, especially to those who had pain afflicted onto them.

And that is exactly what happened to you.

Wondering what had happened before you ended up in a tent, you made do with the environment you were currently in. Shelves filled with canned goods nearing their expiry date and Deimos' cigarette packets filled to the brim with bullets-whilst some packets still held a couple of unused cigarettes-as well as first aid kits and bandages scattered across every row of the shelf.

You brought your hand up to your head (both were bandaged) and tried to ease the pain of the migraine, but it seemed that only pills were the solution to your pulsing headache. With the desire to put this headache to rest, you sat up on your bed and looked around you once more.

Somewhere to the side was a bottle of pills laying on its side, its lid thankfully closed as to avoid spilling such useful things. You checked your legs and saw that they, too, were wrapped in bandages. Despite your current condition, you had realized that you were not immobile, and that with enough effort you could possibly make it to the pill bottle.

You carefully and slowly moved your legs to the side, getting ready to stand up and maintain your composure whilst walking, when-

"Hey, (Y/N), I-"

It was a voice.. a strangely familiar one, at that. If it had not been for the overwhelming fatigue and tiredness you felt at that moment would you have turned to the source of the voice and identify who it was.

It seemed to be surprised at your current position, awake, upright, seemingly about to get up and start walking. Silence infected the tent like a disease as the sound of heavy boots hitting the ground echoed through the vast yet small tent, the sound approaching you immediately.

"You're awake!" With the littlest effort were you able to turn your head to the side and see the welcoming face of Sanford, whose black tea shades shone in the light while a smile formed on his puckered lips. The realization that you were awake seemed to startle him and amaze him at the same time, glad to see you back to your senses.

All of a sudden, his (muscular, must I say) arms wrap around your figure as gentle as possible, bringing your mostly-bandaged body closer to him. Mustering enough strength to do so, you lift your arms and hug him back, reassuring him that you were indeed awake, and, better yet, that you were okay.

Once he pulled away, he had asked if you wanted anything to eat or simply if you were hungry. You nodded, already knowing Sanford would go all out on what he'd make you. After all, (I headcanon that) he is a good cook.

After some time he came back with some soup in a tin can. In his hand was a spoon that you assumed was going to be used for him to feed you. Repositioning yourself in the cot you woke up on, you watched as Sanford scooped up a tablespoon of the hot soup, carefully blowing at it for you.