Chapter 3

Jennie arrives back at the arcade again for the second time this day. She had been here at 3pm in the afternoon and now, it was 11.50pm. Her subconsciousness tells her that she was back with a motive. But what motive? She couldn't really decipher.

She plays for the first ten minutes at the claw machine, which was a fraud, as always.

She recalls the day last week when she met a girl named Lisa, who was apparently friends with the full-timer that she always chats with, Jisoo.

Lisa never goes to arcades.

If that was true, Jennie couldn't help but feel like the moment between them was a special one. Heart-warming, even. Lisa stayed to watch her play. She isn't oblivious enough to not have sensed that Lisa might have stayed just for her.

But Lisa was never at arcades. Which was odd. Did she not like arcades?

Lisa. Jennie thinks, it's this cute name that has been ringing in her ears, and living rent-free on her mind the entire week. She travels to school and Lisa. She does the dishes and Lisa. She showers and Lisa. She walks her dog, Kuma, and Lisa. Thankfully, Lisa didn't appear in her dreams too. If not, the brunette would've started to think her mind was discreetly keeping tabs on Lisa.

Which would be weird, and obsessive, considering how she's only met her once, and known her for less than a week.

The free basket of tickets must have been a huge blow to someone like her who loved playing arcade games.

Indeed.

Jennie makes her way to the shooting cabin where they had real gun simulators and she had to blast zombie brains. She fits in one round's worth of tickets, and sets a high score for herself, before playing a second and third round because she was in the heat of the moment.

"Hi," All of a sudden, Lisa peeps her head from one door of the shelter's dark cabin with a hot smile, alarming the brunette as she jolts in her seat. Lisa was also mildly taken aback by her reaction herself.

"What the actual crap, Lisa! You scared the shit out of me!" She mutters under her breath as her attention was still drawn to the game. Her eyes were glued shut. Zombies were appearing everywhere. Maybe Lisa was a zombie.

"My apologies, make room." The blonde states as she squeezes her ass beside Jennie. These cabins were two seater, so Lisa had a free gun to herself.

Her long legs were cramped to one corner of the jeep cabin but still she tried to fit herself. Jennie giggled, noticing.

Lisa then takes the gun, and starts firing like a maniac. She didn't know what she was doing, but she saw Jennie shoot nasty stuff, so she copied her movements.

"Why're you here, again?"

"Again? What do you mean again? Why is everyone questioning me when I come to the arcade? Jisoo literally just asked why I was back. Not you too."

Jennie chuckled, "I overheard you guys last week. Do you not like the arcade?"

"I don't."

"So why're you here now?"

"Why can't I be here?"

"Well you just said-"

"Zombies on your left." Lisa changes the topic. Jennie reclaims herself and gets anxious, instinctively directing her player to hide behind the blonde's.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be good at this? Why're you using me as your human shield?"

"Shhh, just cover me."