Chapter 9

For the next week or so, Lisa had been dropping by the arcade at close to midnight everyday to find Jennie. The latter regarded overtime that the arcade was now their secret lair. Jennie and Lisa's exclusive spot.

It wasn't very secret to be honest, it was this huge arcade in the middle of a huge mall, with a shit ton of people passing by every hour of the day. Anyone could find them there.

Jennie had never once forgotten that Lisa was only there for her. It was the root and recipe to her strong feelings for the girl aside from the fact that their personalities clicked so creamily.

Aside from the fact that Lisa was hot, hilarious, and haughty all in one. She was a gem.

Perhaps not all good things happen easily, but this one sure does. Jennie was starting to trust Lisa the way she trusted Rosé. That was a sign, a great sign in fact. Her feelings for Lisa never stopped growing, like a plant's constant reach for sunlight till the day it withers.

Jisoo came to acknowledge that Lisa was actually progressing somewhere with the hardheaded brunette who used to reject every dude she met in the arcade. Except now, she was not rejecting a girl.

If only the full-timer at the arcade had granted access to chase away everyone who came to play, Jisoo would gladly do that just for the two to have their time in peace, without kids squealing every five seconds the claw released the goddamn stuffed toy back into the pit.

[Are you already at the arcade?] Rosé inquires on the phone to her best friend eager to see the girl she had just spent two hours at the arcade with the day before.

"Yeah, I'll call you back later, okay?"

[Ugh, fine, go have jolly fun with your arcade girl. So much for yelling at me not to date when you're literally doing so. Hypocrite.]

"Love you."

[You too Wifey, you too.] The platinum blondie sighed before hanging up.

"Who were you saying 'love you' to?" Lisa plunges her ass down right beside Jennie as the latter shoves her phone back into her pocket with a flinch at the slightly menacing tone coming from the blonde.

"My husband. Why, jealous?" Jennie teased, feeling butterflies emerge in her stomach the moment Lisa laid eyes on her intensely.

"What the hell, girl, you have a husband? I can't believe I've been played this entire time." Lisa leads on sarcastically, "Eh," she makes a sound, "but come to think of it... if you were cheating on your husband with me, that must mean I'm super hot, right? Correct me if I'm wrong."

"You need to stop being so full of yourself all the time." Jennie shakes her head.

"Hey come on, I'm waiting. Am I super duper sexy or what?"

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I've seen better."

"Never pegged you to be the hilarious type but that was one splendid joke of the century, Jennie. I most certainly laughed. But for the record, no one is hotter than me, not in my world at least." Lisa smirks after her sarcastic comeback.

The brunette stares much unimpressed, "I hope you know just how narcissistic you really are."

"Absolutely."

"And I hope you know that it's not going to get you anywhere."

"It sure is. I am hot, I know it. You know it, and my narcissism is keeping us going because I am so confident and you're attracted to me because of my confidence."

Jennie rolls her eyes cheekily, analysing how good Lisa looked under the dim arcade lights. One second ago she was just denying her looks, and here she was fantasizing over it like it was nobody's business.