Chapter 14

Lisa and Jennie were officially together.

On the night of the movie, the blonde had offered to walk the brunette home and when they reached her doorsteps, Jennie initiated the topic. She was feeling the most unsettled she's ever felt her entire life when Lisa kisses her calm and offers to be her girlfriend.

If it did feel too early to advance to that title before, it felt as if it should've happened since a long time ago when they both agreed on it.

All Jennie did that night was have ample sleep dreaming of Lisa, while the latter couldn't catch a wink of sleep because of the brunette. Guess there was two ways to it. To euphoria.

However, that one time Lisa ever went to find Jennie after school, turned out to be the last time she did when her school assignments started to pile up. It was nearing the end of the year, and the events of life was starting to catapult like crazy. Hectic. Still, they made time for each other every night at the arcade. Nothing was very much different than before.

Jisoo switched to doing part-time at the arcade in order to catch up on lectures as well before the examinations, so the couple rarely saw her at night anymore. It was quite a tough decision to make, because she secretly loved seeing Lisa and Jennie banter and smooch around during her work hours as much as she did not want to admit it. Eventually, she still gave up on the full-time.

[I miss working at night at the arcade.] Emotions pile up for Jisoo sometimes, although she hides her feelings very well and rarely breaks down.

Lisa listens on the phone attentively, "We miss you too. I mean me and you, we always see each other at school but Jennie rarely does. Jennie only sees you at the arcade."

[I know that. But I didn't say I miss the both of you.] Jisoo replies defensively.

"Oh I know you do." Lisa hears a moment of silence.

[Anyway,] The chestnut hair girl sidetracked, [the way I've seen how Jennie rejected everyone except you puts a smile on my face. I haven't told you this before but you're better at handling relationships than I ever thought.]

"So you thought I would be a horrible girlfriend?" Lisa baffles.

[You're narcissistic, Manoban, furthermore with a god-complex. It's hard to keep up with someone who thinks really highly of themselves. But you're also a charmer, I'll give that to you.]

"Oh, so you realised. Thank you, Chu." The blonde chuckles, "Will you be working the night shift anytime soon?"

[Two days from now, that's if Ms Bae doesn't mess up my schedule again.]

"Your boss is hard in the head at times, you know? The other day when I ran into her at the supermarket, she berated me in front of the cashier and a line of buyers for turning her arcade into a 'porn scene'. All I did was make out with Jennie and she accidentally saw us! It wasn't even that serious and there was zero nudity! How's that considered a porn scene?"

[She exaggerates sometimes, I get it. Well you and Jennie kiss too much.]

"I don't see how that is any of your issue."

[Oh, it isn't alright.]

"Yeah, plus, I'm aware. But you can't blame me because kissing her makes me feel like the world has always been such a happy place when in actual fact it's just a sombre decaying piece of wasteland. And it's never enough for me. Once you kiss her, you literally can't stop yourself. No sorry, you can't kiss her. I'm just saying. Plus, the setting in the arcade is obviously inviting of lovemaking? The lights are dim and neon and there are darker corners for people to make out. You can't disagree to that." Lisa deadpans over the phone though Jisoo does not see her.