Chapter 4

In spite of having thought that... a wet dream was not what she had intended on dreaming that night. Ever.

What the hell? Jennie thought first thing she wakes up and shakes off the ridiculously warm socks she wears to sleep. It felt sticky for some reason unknown. She sits still, punishing herself for the dream by facing her bedroom wall much baffled. Bewildered. Wild.

Stop thinking about it. She warns her horny virgin self.

She'd liked to think they were progressing somewhere. Oh, with these kinds of dreams beginning to raid her tiny brain, it sure was.

But 'two times at the arcade' was a way Jennie tried to convince herself that she merely misread this little crush of hers. Her own misjudgment was making her infatuated, and she might just be overseeing things.

But what if she wasn't?

Well two weeks and two times is too fast.

She acknowledged that several people kiss or fuck even when they had just met each other for the first time, so it was technically considered no shame when it came to love, or sexual desires, whatever you name it. But emotional attachment was about timing.

Right now, she was sure all she has with the blonde was surface-attraction. She knew absolutely nothing about the girl. What she liked, what she didn't like, what she does outside of the arcade, where she lived. Well the only thing she knew was that the blonde disliked her very own favourite place...

Regardless, basically whoever the fuck 'Lisa' was, the brunette didn't have a single clue.

So she had to stop her feelings from growing too fast.

Jennie didn't think the wet dream was helping in any way at all when she spots Lisa entering the arcade like a lost kid trying to find her mother.

She didn't give the girl her schedule last week when she asked, and it's been yet another week since she saw her on this very same day.

Giving the blonde her schedule would simply mean she was either an easy person, or a desperate person. One way or another, Jennie thought if they were to meet up more than once a week, things would progress too quickly. She wanted to take things slow and see where this could go.

She stalls time behind the jeep cabins that were big enough to block her silhouette, lowering her head when it was too obviously outed. She wanted to observe Lisa when she was wandering around the arcade in an aimless state.

Jennie somehow loses track of her when the blonde all of a sudden dips and bolts off. She wanted to seek after her, but if she came out now, her cover would be blown. Good thing it was certain Lisa was still in the arcade.

She waits for awhile longer, until minor footsteps can be heard trailing towards the centre point of the arcade place.

Lisa's tall figure was such a sedative sight. Jennie liked her height. She liked that the blonde was taller.

Then her eyes fell upon a full basket of tickets, again.

Again?

The brunette contemplates at her when she sees Lisa gazing around and peering towards outside of the arcade like she was waiting for someone.

Is she waiting for me or for someone else? Jennie couldn't help but to overthink.

The light anticipative smile on Lisa's face disappears once her eyes dilates around the entire place, unable to find what she hoped she did.

Should I go out? Jennie thought. Maybe not? What if she isn't looking for me?

But who else was she even going to look for if she didn't come here for me? She hinted that herself, didn't she?

Jennie steps out from behind the cabin slowly, heartbeat currently racing. She observes Lisa's shoulders fall, and the basket dangles by her arm slightly. The brunette never thought she'd have to run until the moment Lisa starts dragging her feet to the exit in defeat.

"Are you sure you've checked every nook and cranny of this arcade yet?" Jennie raises her voice, hoping to hold on to the blonde a little longer, "You might be missing something."

Lisa halts in her tracks and faces back, a haughty look on her face when the teasing was heard once again. Jennie was so referring 'something' to herself, and the blonde knew it.

"You play around too much."

"I could say the same about you. Who even knows who you bought these tickets for? Anyone would think you're trying to win someone over like you tried to win me over the first time but failed."

The blonde chuckles, "At this point I think you take me for a fool. When are you going to ever believe me when I tell you stuff I mean, huh?"

The girl shrugs in retaliation, "But you are a fool. Why were you leaving when you clearly haven't looked around hard enough?"

"There you go, with the assumptions again. Why am I even so desperate to see a girl like you? God." Lisa berates herself jokingly at the end, shameless that she just exposed herself.

"What do you mean assumptions? I literally saw you just standing here and giving one-two looks left-right without even actually making your way round the machines to find me. You call that assuming?"

"And I literally saw you hiding behind the jeep. Was I suppose to spoil your fun and leak your hiding spot? Cause I think you would've been more offended if that was the case." Lisa explains with a bitter lace to her tongue, "I figured you were trying to hide from me for a reason, so I was just about to leave because I didn't want to get my hopes up for anything, you know."

Jennie's face fell. Maybe she shouldn't have done that, she disappointed the blonde.

Or maybe, Lisa was just too smart for this world.

"Okay I'm sorry, but I have to say- pretending to leave might just be the best trick I've ever pulled, because you actually came after me, which would mean-"

"My god." Jennie laments when she registers the situation. The blonde's smug smile was back stronger than ever. She has concluded: Lisa was a dangerous being since she was pottering around too much. Now, she would use everything in her power not to fall for her.

Falling for Lisa = falling to her grave.

She heads directly for the arcade exit, her overthinking-ass catching up on her thoughts, but it was in the same direction of cheeky-smiling Lisa, so she was unfortunately being held back.

"Hey, hey- I'm sorry. Don't just leave like that."

"You're really- you're pretty emotionally manipulative, aren't you?"

Lisa pursed her lips together perturbed, now in deep thought. She seemed to have pissed the brunette off in a way she didn't mean to, and now she felt like a wreckage. But she had to think quick, else the brunette might just slip pass her fingers.

"I know me apologising probably wouldn't ease your anger, but playing arcade games definitely would, right? I- I got these tickets for you, actually." The blonde tempts Jennie by waving the basket over her face, completely blinding the latter's view.

When the fuming girl was still silent, Lisa tugged on her wrists, at a loss.

"Come on, I promise you I wouldn't do that again."

No response.

Lisa sighs dejectedly.

"Okay.. maybe acting like I didn't know you were there just to see if you were going to chase after me was not a good idea? I'll take it that you're mad, and I'll leave. You can stay though, and play, since I'm going. But at least take my tickets?" Her voice grows softer than Jennie could ever imagine.

The brunette felt the stabbing pain through Lisa's hands as the latter came in contact with her palms, securing the handle right between her thumb and the rest of her fingers before letting go in agony, afraid she'd piss Jennie off further in any way.

Helplessly, the girl watches Lisa give her a small wave as she trudged out the door.

And the sudden regret she feels, torments her for the rest of the night.

So much for wanting to protect her feelings.