Dragon Fire

Axel

We can be our own dragons as well as our own heroes- and sometimes we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves...

I shook the ice from my hair, brushing the misty snow off of my clothes. How long was I in there?I peaked over my shoulders, the dragon was asleep in the corner, it's hot heavy breath filling the dungeon with every exhale.

Do I have to kill it?

I quietly snuck around the rock I had been hiding behind, it looked peaceful while it was sleeping. Even though it could kill me in one go if it really wanted too.

I almost felt sorry for it, how long had it been down here?

It had chains around its feet, judging by the dent in its legs it looked like the chains had been there a while, it's scales looked grey and unhealthy not the dark black they should be.

Did Keir really send me in here to kill this beast?

I looked around the dungeon, again like I seemed to have been doing for days trying to find a way out. Apart from blasting a hole in the wall but who knows what kind of drama that would bring.

"I'd really like to just go home now" I muttered to myself, the dragon stirred in the corner as my voice echoed around the walls. Great, here we go again.It raised itself up suddenly letting out a deafening roar, each one of its heads facing me it's beady eyes watching my every move.

"Look I really don't wanna have to kill you buddy so if you could just fuck off and let me think ok?" I barked at it, rubbing my temples, I heard a rumble from the corner and looked just in time to jump out of the way of the flames. All three heads shooting fire at me, I jumped up towards a rock sticking out higher up on the wall hoping to buy myself some time.

My eyes adjusted better to the darkness up here I was able to see things clearer now that I was up higher, I looked up at the ceiling trying to make out where the faint light was coming from.

How exactly did he get the freaking dragon in here?

I looked down at it, feeling nothing but pity for it. Had it been raised in captivity? Does it even know what fresh air smells like? Hell I'd be angry too if I'd been locked in here my whole life."I'm gonna get you outta here buddy I promise" I looked down at it, I know dragons can't talk, but the way it snapped it's jaws in response made me hope it had at least understood me somehow.

Extracting my claws I climbed further up the wall trying to get closer to this light, I climbed to the ceiling and I swear I almost fell down with joy.

It was a door, a gigantic trap door. I punched and rattled it trying to open it but it was chained from the outside.

So that's how he got it in here.