Chapter 2

Not friendly at all

[Hey honey, I forgot to tell you that champ has transferred to our city. He is your mom's bestfriend's son.]

[If necessary, we can let him live at our place. You should take care of him if needed.]

[love you, honey.]

Since her parents death, Athena was Cresaendra's only relative. Athena had to travel with her boss. There was not much time, Cresendra got to spend with her. Although she is a 'tough girl', she is still very young.

She does everything by herself. She acts even tougher in front of Athena. So that Athena won't worry much about her niece.

As soon as, three messages vibrated her phone. Cresendra instinctively reached out her hand inside her pocket.

[Cresendra. Are you using your phone in class?]

As Cresendra was reading the text messages on her phone, she heard a stern voice. Of Course, it was her teacher Mr. Jones. Oopss... Not a good timing.

She straightened her back awkwardly, and trying to think of an excuse.

"I'm sorry sir, it was important. It won't happen again."

Under his sharp gaze, Cresendra straightened her back continued to listen to his lactur.

When the Professor left the class, Cresendra quickly looked into her phone.

'Champ! Is it his real name? Hm..Whatever!'  She added the phone number and sent texts to the number.

[Hi, I just found out from Athena that you have arrived. Let's catch up.]

[I'm Cresendra.]

Lunch break.

Winny was in a good mood. She had a new crush. All see was thinking and seeing was the guy. Moreover, he was sitting at the corner table in the canteen. She couldn't help her self from not looking towards the certain direction.

Walter was talking about how he tried to bunk his second class but got caught. The good impression he tried to make in front of the new student in the class, got torn apart in the end.

Suddenly he frowned, and knocked on Winny's forehead.

"Ouch..!"

"Hey, what's wrong with you? I was talking something very important, at least for me. You are not listening, let alone helping me out. Look, even Cresendra gave her comment. Where is your mind?" Walter asked annoyingly.

It was always Winny to speak first like a chirping bird. She had no heart to even listen to his complain.

"Why are you poking when I'm giving interest to very important matter. It's a matter of my life!... What? Aren't you happy for me? I'm preparing to chase after my life-straw."

Life-straw? Walter was confused.

"She had a new crush. I bet he is nearby." Cresendra blurted out, while sticking her eyes to her cheese pasta.

"Ah ha… so her long, everlasting crush finally ended. That's a relief. Phew!"

"Don't be rude. But this time it's a real love. I can feel it!."

"Cut the crap. You speak the same thing whenever you have a new crush. By the way, where's that punk?"

Walter felt annoyed with her all time golden dialogue. First, she didn't listen to his probelm and no she was annoying him with her so called 'life-straw'. Seriously? Can't you respect yourself a little more? His voice this time was a bit loud.

"Why are you so shouting? The canteen is not huge. He might hear what you have said." Winny frowned, shifting her focus to her meal and her two best friends. Although, she didn't stop peeking in that certain direction a few more times.

She knew that she had annoyed someone. So, she acted as if she was listening to them, very clearly..

Walter shrugged his shoulder and shifted his attention to Cresendra.

"Forget it. There are quite a few new students. I also got a new bench mate. He's cool. Cres, you can share some pasta, can't you?"

"No."

"!!!!"

"Order some."

"I just need one piece.."

"No."

Jeez!!! Why can't she share some. That was rude. Walter pursed his lips and continued with his noodle.

After a few seconds, Cresendra put two pieces of pasta on Walter's plate.

Walter grinned, "Yey, thank you Cres… I knew you won't ignore me."

Cresendra grinned as well.

"Is your aunty back?" Winny asked.

"No. She is busy. But she informed me that one of my mom's best friends' son has transferred to this city. I think I'm not that alone."

"Great! Is he handsome? Is he going to stay at your place?" Again, Winny's thoughts started to run wild.

"No, I don't know. I've never heard of him."

"Which college?" There were only three colleges around the city.

"No info."

Winny rolled her eyes. All her excitement for the moment disappeared. She again concentrated her thoughts on her own business. Keep staring girl!

Walter after finishing his meal tried his lame joke work. Though his jokes were not funny, sometimes it worked.

After she left school she decided to walk home. She looked like a little rabbit strolling out to play outside, always catching the attention of passersby.

Beep, beep….

She received the message from 'Champ'

[Okay.]

Cresendra waited for a while expecting to receive another message from the other side, still no more messages.

!!! Okay? Was he supposed to reply to her only 'okay'? That's weird. She types another message.

[What's your name? Which college you got into?]

No reply.

[Where are you staying? You can come to our home. If you like to live alone, I will help you find a place to stay as well. Or you can live at my place as well if you don't have any problem.]

After a few seconds, she got the reply.

[No, thank you.]

!!!

[Do you need any other help from me?]

[No.]

[You can call me or send a message when you visit me or if you want any help or feel like talking.]

No reply.

Cresendra was stunned by his replies. Is this guy for real?

Not friendly at all...

____________________________

Author: Did you like the chapter? Please comment!!!😊