Chapter 7

Does uncle think I'm bluffing?

At midnight, Cresendra started dreaming of the bloody scene again. Breathing was heavy, almost uneven, and small muffles escaped from her mouth.

"No...o…"

The dream was long. She woke up early in the morning. Her heart was beating fast. She reluctantly pulled a pair of clothes and went to the bathroom to wash away the sweat and to cool down her body. After a warm shower, she stood in front of the mirror. There were dark circles under her eyes. Even though she slept early, she was feeling like she had been doing heavy work throughout the night. She was very tired.

Why did she dream the same thing again and again. For the first time she felt a little fear for her dream. Should she consult a psychiatrist or a counselling session? She had never met one. Thinking of these things she fell asleep again.

At around 9 o'clock, she woke up with the sound of an incoming call. It was Winny.

"Winny?"

"Cres, Are you late? It's almost time."

Cresendra looked at her phone again. It was past 9. She was still not feeling good at all. She responded reluctantly.

"Winny, I'm not feeling fresh. I'm bunking today. See you tomorrow."

"Are you alright? Are you sick?"

"No, I'm sleeping and I want to sleep more."

"Strange. Did you study all night? Do you want us to accompany you later?"

"No thanks. Please take some photos of today's notes and send them to me."

"Alright. Take care."

Cresendra saw a few messages on the notification bar. Both Athena and Champ sent their messages. She told them that she was sleepy and was not going to class.

After that she didn't know how long she slept. She was awakened by a cold sensation around her face. She slowly opened her eyes in a daze and saw a person standing near her. As soon as she saw the person clearly she jumped off the bed immediately, and turned her head left to right immediately to observe the surroundings, where was she? When she realised that she was still in her home she let out a sight.

"You.. how did you get in?" Cresendra frowned and shouted. But a sudden dizziness hit her, making her unable to stand anymore. Mathew soon came forward and helped her sit on the bed again.

"Shhh… don't shout. Here, drink some warm water."

Cresendra looked at the glass of warm water vigilantly and refused to drink.

"What do you want?" She felt her whole body aching. She winched and frowned. Mathew didn't answer her. Instead he strode towards the kitchen.

"You did not have breakfast, right? Let me cook something."

"What the hell are you doing here?" Cresendra asked with a hoarse voice.

"Stop hurting your little brain with questions. You have a fever. Drink the water and sleep until I cook something."

After that Mathew rummaged through the kitchen. Cresendra heard the sound of water and utensils. Sure enough, he was cooking something. She looked at the glass of water on the bedside table. After a few thoughts she gulped it down. She was feeling so weak that she had no choice but to lie on the bed again.

After a few moments, Mathew came out of the kitchen carrying two plates in his hand with toast, omelette and juice.

"I can't cook much. This will be enough to fill your mouth to consume a pill."