Chapter 8

Back in the headquarter of Jordan group of industries, Hendrickly loosened his tie on the way to his office. His temperament turned normal again. Normal meant a little less cold. His assistant Ronak completed his task and waited in the office to report to his boss.

"Sir." As Hendrick came in, she greeted casually.

"Hm… speak."

"Sir, we hacked the schedule of Jeremy Brown who is the boss of Pipa Walker. She is accompanying him. They are going back to Country W in ten days. I already sent 20 men in advance to familiarise themselves with the environment."

"Hm…" Hendrick nodded with a look of satisfaction.

"Track Athena all the time. She is way more cunning, even if she tries to escape, you should know in time. If you fail, you're finished."

The happy puppy mood of Ronak immediately disappeared because of the warning.

"What about the other matter?"

"Sir, we are still dealing with it. This matter has something to do with properties or other resources. Let me confirm it sir."

Resources? Property? F*** those. He clearly wanted to take revenge for his own mother's death. What were the elders upto? He already knew that the way the elders pestered him about the matter didn't seem to be simple. The most important thing was why they didn't share with him. Hendrick clenched his jaw.

"What did you get on your plate till now?"

"Sir, I met one of the prisoners recently released from prison. He told me that madam was escaping from someone. When people caught her they were asking about the passwords and asked her to change and reprogram some systems. The prisoner was injured and fainted when another party broke in. He told me that he was assigned by Pipa Walker to save madam. He had been wrongly accused."

Hendrick frowned.

"Sir, we are still talking with the person. He seemed to be loyal to Pipa Walker. It would not be easy to make him speak. Sir, this man is accused of attacking madam's group. What he was saying is totally different."

"Continue to look into the matter. There must be witnesses. Dig out everything."

*
*
*
In the evening, Cresendra woke up again. The fever didn't subside. Once again she was crushed by ache all over her body. She sat, and reached out to the jug. The water was still warm.

Wait.

She almost forgot that Mathew was there. Where was he? Did he stay there the whole day?

"Mathew? Are you there?"

Cresendra uttered his name a few more times. Still there was no response, he might have left not long ago. She was very weak. Should she ask Champ for help? Or Walter? Winny?

'I should wait a little more. Maybe my fever will go down soon' , she thought.

She lied down again. Soon she heard the sound of unlocking her door. She became alert. Mathews' head popped out of the door after a few seconds.

"Got up? Do you still have a fever?"

Behind Mathew there was another person. Who the hell did he bring with? Did he take her home as his own? She looked at him furiously, clearly waiting for an explanation. Mathew understood her glare. Gave her an assuring smile.

"I went to buy some food for you. He is my friend. Don't worry, he is a medical student. I asked him to have a look at you."

Wait. Was he explaining to her a moment ago? Cresendra looked at the other person who had already pulled a stool and signalled her to put her hand forward.

After a minute, he announced,

"You are having a viral fever. Normal medicines won't work. You need to take medicine."

He immediately brought out a syringe and a liquid medicine from his bag. Cresendra startled. She stared at the two people in front of her vigilantly.

"Don't worry. I'm a medical student. Here, look at my id. What's more this medicine doesn't require any prescription. Cresendra grabbed his I'd from his hand. Clearly he was a medical student at her college. Because the medical branch was located away from the Architecture, she had never seen him.

"Rest assured. I don't know what Mathew had told you about me, I mean nothing bad. I just owe him a favor and return it to him."

After a long persuasion, Cresendra allowed him to inject her. She quickly took a photo of his I'd card and sent it to Walter.

[Walter, I just took an injection from this guy. If I don't go to class yesterday, look for me. Okay.]

Mathew bought juice for both of them and electrolyte water for Cresendra.

"She will be okay by tomorrow, isn't she?" Mathew asked.

"Come on Mathew, it's just viral fever. She will be alright."

Cresendra silently listened to their conversation. He acted as if he was her boyfriend.

Soon the student left, Mathew came to her.

"Do you want to eat something?"

"No. You should go back to your home. Don't stay here anymore." This time Cresendra took a soft approach.

"I'll stay here until you get better."

"No way."

"I'm not asking you, babe."

Babe? Who's his babe?

"Don't call me babe."

Mathew smiled. What a naive girl. She took out his laptop from his school bag and jumped on the sofa.

Cresendra shouted at him at first. But Mathew didn't respond at all. After shouting a while, she looked at the person in a daze. The next second, she pulled the cult and laid down. She took her phone and sent messages to Champ,

[Hi Champ, What are you doin?]

[Accompanying my soon to be girlfriend.]

[Great. Then carry on.]

[We can talk, she is ignoring me. There's no way I can talk to her now.] Champ replied.

[Did you follow my advice?]

[Short of. She is angry with me. What about you? How are you now?]

[Not much dealing with a mosquito.]

A Mosquito? Really?

[Is that mosquito cute?] Champ asked.

Cresendra thought for a second. Then she removed her quilt and looked at the lazy person dealing with his phone on the sofa.

'Is he cute? Hell yeah!'

Cresendra knocked her head. What was she thinking? She looked at the person again. Seeing that she was peeping at him, Mathew raised his head and sent her a brilliant smile. Yeah, this pervert actually looks great.

[Yeah, the mosquito is cute. But, so sad. I'll kill it when I get a chance.]

!!!!

In the middle of the night, Cresendra woke up. Fever was subsidised. She felt quite better now. She stretched her body and rolled on the bed with a bright smile.

Suddenly, she felt a hard object on the bed. She removed the quilt and lifted her bed a little bit. As soon as she saw what it was, she screamed and jumped out of the bed.

Mathew felt her movement, but had no intention to give her any attention. He moved his head in the opposite direction.

Cresendra was boiling with anger. No one ever slept on her bed, that too a boy! Now this pervert dirtied her bed and snatched her territory.

Now that Cresendra, regained her strength. She pulled the person out of the bed. Although he was heavy, she could bear it. She dragged him out to the main door. Before Mathew could realise where the end was, he was thrown out of the apartment.

"Hey Cres, open the door!!! Do you hear me?"

________

Author : Please share your comments!!!