Chapter 3

Recalling those dusty pages

Meanwhile in the headquarter of The Jordan Group of Industries...

Inside the large minimalistic office, Hendrick's assistant Ronak was sweating profusely. He had never seen his boss being ridiculed by someone, that too in his territory.

Ronak had been following the eldest heir of the Jordan family for a very long time. Only he knew how cold and cruel Hendrick could be. No one dares to stay near him, especially when he is angry. Even Ronak had been with him for a long time, in such situation, he always had the feeling of being a sheep ready to get slaughtered at any time.

Now Hendrick had been scolded for straight 10 minutes by Petric Jordan who was his second uncle. He was as calm as there was nothing infront of him. This was more terrifying. Not to mention, he was actually a cold-blooded, ruthless person, didn't let anyone out of the hook.

"Since you took over Jordan's business, I was confident about your capabilities. Now, it seemed I was wrong."...

"Huh, the elder brother chose you and entrusted a single job to find the information about the offspring of that woman. Is this how you are working with Jordan's resources."

"That woman killed your mother. Forget it, we have already hunted her down. But the child is special, very special. If she falls in another hand, you can hand over the Jordan family to elderly people."

What Petrik Jordan meant was a clear threat. He wanted to transfer the Jordan family to his son. No one in the Jordan family disrespects Hendrick, they dare not. This old shrewd man was an exception. He was always in search of an opportunity to gain a piece of benefit. His tricks were always tricky, which takes a few time  This time his argument was non ignorable.

Ronak saw the bulging vein of Hendricks hand, his eyes flickered abnormally.

On the other hand, Hendrick was silent all the time, without any change of expression in his calm face at all.

After a few more minutes, seeing his filial behaviour the old stood up from his chair with a dignified look. He was clearly at an advantage of the point.

"Find the kid in three months or step down from that chair. Don't make this old man come to find you all the time."

Petric Jordan spat out his last word and left the office with a look of accomplishment.

The office was awkwardly silent after that. Hendrick had been suppressing the fire behind his cold expression. The temperature of the room felt like plummeting. Hendrick reached out his tie and loosen it a bit. For outsiders, who didn't know him, his movement might seem normal but for those who knew him, his movement would definitely terrify them.

Hendrick kept staring out the door, until Ronak reminded him of the next meeting with the employees.

"Boss..."

"Hm."

"Your meeting with employees. It will be in 10 minutes."

"Hm."

Hendrick stood up and headed towards the meeting hall with a long sigh. Ronak also hurried forward and gave him a brief reminder.

In the middle of the meeting, Ronak received a call and went out of the meeting quickly. Inside the room, more than a dozen people were standing in a row, afraid to sit on their seats. Hendrick was reading through the monthly compiled data of each department. His expression was gloomy. The way he was reading the documents was like a hunter aiming at his prey.

After a while, Ronak entered the meeting with a winning smile. As he was approaching Hendrick, their gazes collided. Meeting his boss's gloomy gaze, stiffened his smile making him feel guilty, god knows why. With an awkward look he explained...