Lost in Japan

Sakura's been missing in action for more than a month, but she's keeping in touch with Nako for some updates. It's funny because she promised her dad to go to Canada, but she shifted her flight to Japan. Luckily, her father don't have any idea where she is. After hearing that Yujin already remembered Minjoo, it made her genuinely happy. At last, the love of her life can be happy now.

She's at the café drinking her Americano and reading the business page of a Japanese news site.

"Miyawaki Gaming Corporation will dominate North America"

Sakura clicked her tongue as she read the highlights.

As she was sipping her coffee, she saw a familiar friend of hers, and her heart just stopped. It's Lee Chaeyeon.

However, she's still not in good terms with the other girl since the engagement issue thing. Sakura was still mad at the other girl for ruining her relationship with Minjoo.

As she remembered the past issue, Chaeyeon caught Sakura staring at her. The Japanese girl panicked and spilled her drink on the table. She saw the other girl chuckled which made her embarrassed. She quickly wiped the mess and continued reading from her IPad.

After a few minutes, a girl tapped Sakura's table,

"I know you're still mad at me for the thing I didn't do, but the café is full so can I share the table with you?"

"Oo-okay. I'll be leaving soon anyway."

Chaeyeon sat in front of Sakura and started taking photo of her yogurt ice cream.

Sakura can't help but to smile at the other girl. They used to be best friends.

"You still like yogurt ice cream huh?"

Chaeyeon was surprised that the other girl is talking to her.

"Of course. How are you, by the way?"

"Not so good. Everything is a mess right now. No one even knows I'm here in Japan."

"Ehh? Why is that? Does your dad bugging you again?"

"Sort of."

"Your dad is really an asshole, by the way." Chaeyeon said while eating.

Sakura laughed at the other girl. It's been a year or two since they last saw each other. It was not a fun memory though.

Flashback

After hearing the engagement news and confronting her father, Sakura went out to go to Chaeyeon. She felt betrayed that her bestfriend will be a part of this mess. She knew that Chaeyeon knows how much she loves Minjoo.

Sakura knocked at her bestfriend's house and Mrs. Lee was the one who opened the door.

"Good evening, Ms. Lee." Sakura sobbingly greeted.

"I--is Chaeyeon there?"

Mrs. Lee just nodded and opened the door for the young woman. Sakura quickly went to her best friend's room and saw Chaeyeon reading a book. The other girl was surprised to saw Sakura looking so devastated and angry.

"Are you part of this?" Sakura asked.

Chaeyeon was confused.

"Part of what?"

"DON'T.. PLEASE... DON'T ACT LIKE AN IDIOT CHAEYEON."

"What the heck are you talking about Kkura?"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!! IS IT BECAUSE OF YOUR BUSINESS? DOES MY DAD GONNA SAVE YOUR INCOMPETENT FATHER?"

"Wait. Why are you talking about my father? Do you realize how rude you are right now?"